Subject: latest changes in read.c

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2000 22:30:30 +0200

The new $. variable enables to create relative and relocatable
configuration trees, as described in:

  http://www.hpc.uh.edu/fvwm/archive/0005/msg00529.html

There were two positive side effects when implemented this, which seem
more like bug fixes.

1) Since now there is a Read call stack, it was trivial to fix the
old problem reported by Olivier, recursive Read locked-up fvwm.

2) Unlike what mod_initialization.html says, arg 3 of modules instead of
"not guaranteed to point to anything useful" now is guaranteed to point
to the rc file from which the module was invoked. This is an automatical
side effect of these changes.

----------------

Here is an rc file summarizing all 3 topics above.
Save this as ~/.fvwm/test-deep-read and read it by 'Read test-deep-read':

  FvwmPager
  Read $././test-deep-read

This does not lock-up fvwm now. By executing 'ps xww' or similar it is
possible to see arguments of all 40 pagers (the current depth limit).

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]