Subject: Desk-size and virtual desktops suggestion.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 14:45:22 +0200 (CEST)

Hello, fvwm-workers!

I have a small feature-suggestion for fvwm (f this is already implemented
in the development version, please ignore this mail). Anyhow:

I have a few virtual desktops ordered horizontally, which I move between
with Ctrl-Meta-<left/right arrow>. Now, I sometimes work on different
systems over the network (which I like to separate), so I also have two
pages vertically. Like this:
_____________..._____
|1a   |2a   |   Na  |
|_____|_____|...____|
|1b   |2b   |   Nb  |
|_____|_____|...____|

Now, I like to be able to move between the systems (vertically) by
Ctrl-Alt-<up/down arrow>, on the same horizontal desktop (between 1a and
2a). By using normal virtual deskops is hard, and even harder is getting
programs to start on the right deskopts (ie netscape always starts on 2a
OR 2b, depending on which of them one's at). Anyhow, I now use a larger
page (2*height) to get this effect, which mostly works. The problem is,
however:

* When I move up or down, fvwm doesn't remember which window had focus on
the upper or lower page. I guess this is to be expected, as this is the
same "desktop" after all (I just want to simulate two).

Could this (*) be fixed in any way? Sorry for the long mail :-)

// Simon Kågström, fvwm 2.2.4

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]