Subject: FvwmConfigDefaults location hard-coded

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:34:17 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Bryan Henderson
Version: 2.3.16
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (24.16.238.239)

Fvwm2 has a built-in Read command "Read FVWM_DATADIR/ConfigFwvmDefaults"
where FVWM_DATADIR is the Fvwm data directory determined at build time.
I'm not sure why, since FVWM_DATADIR is part of the default search path
for Read commands, but this creates at the very least an annoying error
message unless you build Fvwm for specific file locations.  I prefer not
to build file locations into my programs.

One way around this, which I've done for myself, is to change it to
"Read ConfigFwvmDefaults".  Another is to provide an environment variable
FVWM_DATADIR.  This might help with other dependencies on this path too.

Incidentally, the error message in this case isn't quite right.  It says,
"/blah/blah/blah/ConfigFwvmDefaults not found in /blah/blah/blah or
~~/.fvwm".  Because it's an absolute path, though, Fvwm didn't really 
look in those directories.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]