Subject: WaitForButtonsUp

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 10:56:07 +0200

The whole idea behind the WaitForButtonsUp() in ExecuteFunction()
is seriously screwed up.  There are several theories under which
circumstances this is necessary.  My main problem is that I don't
know exactly why it is necessary at all.

 1) Whenever the main module executes a command.  This is
 currently implemented, but much too strict.

 2) Whenever commands are executed that are *not* part of a
 script (Read/Piperead/Module input).  This is probably still
 overkill and much too slow.

 3) (2) with the additional condition that fvwm is not in startup
 anymore.  I don't know if this is right.

 4) (2), but furthermore only certain commands need to wait for
 button releases.

 5) Only if the command was triggered by a mouse click.

 ...

I really don't know which theory is correct.  Currently I
believe (5) is the best one, but perhaps I overlooked something.
Comments?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]