Subject: Use of Next/Prev

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 03:54:49 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Abigail
Version: 2.2.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux, kernel 2.2.13
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.2
Submission from: (NULL) (216.112.175.67)

I am trying to cycle through all the non-iconified windows on the current
page, with an action bound to a key; and when cycling, I want the cursor
and keyboard focus in that window.

The following worked for me on Solaris 2.4 through Solaris 7 (but that was
a while ago, and cannot recall the fvwm version; probably 2.0.x):

    key F3 A N Next [!Iconic, !Sticky, CurrentPage] WarpToWindow 50 50
    key F4 A N Prev [!Iconic, !Sticky, CurrentPage] WarpToWindow 50 50

Unfortunally, it doesn't cycle. When using 'Next', it will go through a
few windows, and then it "gets stuck", that is, not pick a next window to
warp to. When using 'Prev', it will just flip back and forth between two
windows.

This does work though:

    key F3 A N Next [*] Focus
    key F4 A N Prev [*] Focus

at least, kind of. It cycles through all windows, but it does have a 
preference for windows that are under the cursor. Each time it flips
from one page to another, the window that's underneath the cursor will
be the next one to get focus.

Abigail

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]