Subject: Re: Problem using FVWM2 and "xpp" (PR#511)

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 17:53:24 -0500 (CDT)

I have tried to reproduce this again with xppaut4.55 (I could
not compile 4.01 on LINUX) and saw something similar, but only
with the main window (the one with the graph). When I moved other
windows over it, they erased the graph itself, but not the
buttons or the text. With the latest beta versions (2.3.x) you
can try to turn on backing storage for this window:

  style *XPP* BackingStore

With modern graphics cards this slows down drawing of the XPP
window dramatically, but it works for me (you have to restart
XPP before the style works). Unfortunately XPP fails to set
a common class or resource on its window, so you have to set this
style for all its windows individually if you have problems with
other windows:

  style "Data Viewer" BackingStore
  style "Initial Data" BackingStore
  ...

Overall, XPP's Expose event handling seems to be badly broken.
Please consider reporting this to the xpp developers (and suggest
to give all xpp windows a common resource and class name too).

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]