Subject: Configure can't find readline library

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 17:13:09 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Bryan Henderson
Version: 2.3.21
CVS_Date: 
OS: 
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (24.16.238.239)

Configure cannot find my readline library.  I specify 
--with-readline-library, but in its trial compilation with
ncurses, Configure does not include the --with-readline-library
value in the gcc command.  It does, however, correctly include it in 
the readline/termcap trial compilation.  I circumvent this bug by
setting the LDFLAGS environment variable.

By the way, I applaud the way Configure tells me at the end what
features it isn't using because it couldn't find them on my system.
Most Configures just silently omit the features and I find out 
much later, at run time, after a lot of debugging, that there was a 
problem at Configure time.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]