Subject: WINCH signal?

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 20:19:20 +0200

I just wanted to start debugging the problem with WINCH signals
that Neil Zanella reported a while ago.  But I actually can't
find any documentation about this other than the signal(7) man
page (Linux) which states:

  SIGWINCH    28,28,20     B      Window resize signal (4.3 BSD, Sun)

I need a bit more information that this :-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 13:46:10 -0400

> I need a bit more information that this :-)

I think fvwm's role in this is limited.

>From the Solaris termio(7) man page:

     TIOCSWINSZ
           The argument is a pointer to a winsize structure.  The
           terminal  driver's  notion of the terminal size is set
           from the values specified in that  structure.  If  the
           new sizes are different from the old sizes, a SIGWINCH
           signal is set to the process group of the terminal.

>From the rxvt command.c file:

/*
 * Tell the teletype handler what size the window is.
 * Called after a window size change.
 */
static void
tt_winsize (int fd)
{
   struct winsize ws;

   if (fd < 0) return;

   ws.ws_col = (unsigned short) TermWin.ncol;
   ws.ws_row = (unsigned short) TermWin.nrow;
   ws.ws_xpixel = ws.ws_ypixel = 0;
   ioctl (fd, TIOCSWINSZ, &ws);
}

As long a the terminal program is notified by fvwm of the window size
change, its up to the terminal program to send the sigwinch signal.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]