Subject: configure problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:26:02 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Mark Manning
Version: 2.2.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: SGIs
X_Server: SGI X Windows
Submission from: (NULL) (139.169.226.24)

I reported this once before, took it to the configure people too.  It's
been
about a year and when I downloaded again this year - same problem.

When running the ./configure program it looks for the C compiler.  It
correctly finds the compiler to be CC.  But it then tries to do a test
compile and ./configure generates:

checking whether the C compiler (/usr/bin/CC -o32 -g -fullwarn -DIRIX -o32
-shared -demangle) works... no

which then generates:

configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

and aborts.

Has nothing been done to correct the problem in either FVWM or automake? 
Let me know!
Thanks!  :-)

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]