Subject: tool tips

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 12:42:19 -0700

In looking at the todo-3.0 list, I started thinking that maybe another
change to consider might be adding tool tip code to the fvwm library.
I'm not sure if Ric's pager balloon code is sufficiently generic to be
recycled easily, but I was thinking that we have a nice implementation
of tool tips in FvwmPager, and it might be nice to extend the code to
other places, like native window decorations, FvwmIconMan and
FvwmButtons. Good idea? Bad idea?
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 16:05:31 -0400

> FvwmButtons. Good idea? Bad idea?

Good.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 03:09:31 +0300

> FvwmButtons. Good idea? Bad idea?

I guess, a good user of such tip tools may become FvwmDecor (without tips
on titlebars/buttons/borders it may be difficult to understand bindings).
More on my wish list. There should be added a timeout to tip tools. And a
multiline support in tips ("%n" or similar). Modules with non-automatical
tip tool contents (FvwmButtons, FvwmDecor) should accept messages to
dynamically set a new tip text.

BTW, we use colorset'd xmessage to replace tip tools in fvwm-themes. ;)

Regards,
Mikhael.