Subject: Re: Other strange things going on with focus

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 11:35:31 +0200

On Fri, May 26, 2000 at 04:31:29PM -0400, Dan Espen wrote:
> 
> With  mouse focus, entering  the icon,  (not the  icon title) does not
> highlight the  title.   If  you  then   enter  the title,    the title
> highlights  and expands.   Moving back  into   the icon unexpands  the
> title, and leaves the title highlighted.
> 
> Exmh shows a different problem.  Clicking  on the icon (not the title)
> doesn't  deiconify  the icon.   (This   works for   my  other  icons.)
> Clicking on the icon title works as it should.  I think exmh generates
> its own icon image.

Dan, is any of this still happening?

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 09:14:58 -0400

> Dan, is any of this still happening?

Yes.

Sorry I haven't tried to figure it out yet.  Seems like a minor problem.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 18:42:07 +0200

> Sorry I haven't tried to figure it out yet.  Seems like a minor problem.

Hrm. I can't reproduce any of this (I don't have Exmh though). Can
you send me a minimal config for the first problem? I think the second
one might be the 'icons lose management' problem on the to-do list.
Given that we have another report that icons get lost when switching
desks all this might be more serious than it looks at first. I'd like
to clean this up before the release if at all possible.

Bye

Dominik ^_^  ^_^

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:18:53 -0400

> to clean this up before the release if at all possible.

I can reproduce this with a 1 line .fvwm2rc:

Mouse 1 I A Iconify

I Get  get  the first symptom  with contool  and x3270.  (Both  create
their own  icons.)   Moving the pointer into   the icon  image doesn't
highlight the icon title.  Once you move into the icon title, the icon
title  expands, and highlights.  Moving  from the  icon title into the
icon image unexpands   the  icon title,  but  leaves  the  icon  title
highlighted.  (Its inconsistent.)

Exmh acts the same way, except, no matter  what you do, mouse button 1
on the  icon  image  doesn't deiconify.   Exmh   goes  thru  a lengthy
startup.  If you iconify  it during its startup,  for a while there is
no icon   image, just an icon  title.   The image  appears later.  I'm
guessing when fvwm sees the icon image created later, it doesn't think
its an icon.