Subject: raiselower

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:16:20 -0400

Alright I can't be going insane, well its possible but not related to the following.

Running current CVS with a just few xterms the stacking order seems to get confused.  A simple example is this 

-------
|   --|----
|   | |   |
-------   |
    -------

Where the window on the left may be two windows stacked ruffly on top
of each other.  If I raiselower the left window, lets say it is on the
bottom.  It might raise itself infront of the bottom most right window
but no both of them.  A second raiselower sends it to the bottom.  I
have raiselower bound to a keystroke.  Executing just raise or lower
works as expected.  I verified that all windows are in the same layer.
None of the xterms in question are sticky.  Any thoughts? Any sympathy?
Has work fine gotten to me and I'm imagining this?

Brad
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 11:02:16 -0700

> Has work fine gotten to me and I'm imagining this?

Hmm, I don't usually use RaiseLower, so I didn't notice. But I just
tried it out, and when issuing RaiseLower on a window on the bottom of
its layer, the window stays on the bottom. I see it flash like it's
raising, but then it falls back to the bottom. After then next
RaiseLower it comes up front and then behaves correctly for subsequent
RaiseLower's. I wonder what happened. I'll poke around.
-- 
[email-masked]                            http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Notice how I blame my own mistakes on the lack of rules?" - Dan Espen 
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]