Subject: non-modal dialogs from Qt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 14:33:20 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Daniel Tweedt
Version: 2.3.19
CVS_Date: 
OS: linux kernel 2.2.14
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.6; XIG 3D Accelerated-X
Submission from: (NULL) (24.3.252.175)

Until recently I've been using the stable 2.2.x versions of fvwm2. The
problem described below did not occur with any of those versions, nor does
it occur on a Silicon Graphics (SGI) workstation (SGI window manager) that
I sometimes use.

I've done some code development using the C++ GUI toolkit Qt, version
2.0.2, from Troll Tech (a different version of this toolkit was used to
develop KDE). When making GUI dialog boxes/menus, it is possible to specify
a current widget or dialog to be the "parent" of its sub-dialog box(es).
When this is done, the parent and its child dialog are closely related; for
example the child dialog first appears centered over its parent, and when
either is iconified by clicking a window frame button then they are both
(all) iconified together as a single icon. Using the newer beta version(s)
of fvwm, NON-MODAL sub-dialogs of this type cannot be "pushed" back behind
their parents, nor can their parent(s) be "popped" to the top; the last
child always stays on top. Other than that, the dialogs seem to behave
correctly.

If it would be helpful, I could probably write a simple chunk of code using
Qt to demonstrate (reproduce) this problem. Please let me know if such a
test case is needed. Perhaps you're already aware of this issue?

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]