Subject: Compilation withOUT perl

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 13:41:51 -0500 (CDT)

Full_Name: Nadim Shaikli
Version: fvwm-snap-20000627
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS megalon 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (12.35.192.252)

Compliation fails needlessly when perl is NOT installed; this ought to be
fixed.

configure already checks to see whether 'perl' is installed or not.  If
its
not installed (or the particular version is older), the compilation of
certain modules ought to be skipped entirely.

What's happening now, is that if one doesn't have perl installed,
configure
notes the fact during "./configure", but during "make" the following
unwarrented death occurs.....

 - Nadim

gcc  -g -O2  -o FvwmCommandS  FvwmCommandS.o -L../../libs -lfvwm 
/bin/sh ./findcmd /home/nadim/download/fvwm/0627/libexec/fvwm/2.3.20       
    \
        < ../../fvwm/functions.c > FvwmCommand.sh
if test -n "/usr/bin/perl"; then /usr/bin/perl ./findcmd.pl
/home/nadim/download/fvwm/0627/libexec/fvwm/2.3.20  \
        < ../../fvwm/functions.c > FvwmCommand.pm;                         
    \
else echo Did not find perl during FVWM install > FvwmCommand.pm; fi
sh: /usr/bin/perl: not found
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `FvwmCommand.pm'
Current working directory
/home/nadim/download/fvwm/fvwm-snap-20000627/modules/FvwmCommand
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory
/home/nadim/download/fvwm/fvwm-snap-20000627/modules/FvwmCommand
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory
/home/nadim/download/fvwm/fvwm-snap-20000627/modules
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
Current working directory /home/nadim/download/fvwm/fvwm-snap-20000627
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]