Subject: pager mini windows reaching into other pages

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 03:43:52 +0200

Tim, with you latest commit the problem is almost gone.
I still see it while dragging a window:

 1) Create window on (1 1)
 2) Make it at small as possible (3 pixels in pager)
 3) Grab it by the title and drag it along the top or
    left page border
    ==> window sticks into different page in pager.
 4) Release the button
    ==> window jumps back into the page

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 13:43:59 +0100

> I still see it while dragging a window:

It's not a pager problem, it's EdgeResistance. If you set EdgeResistance
to 0 it works properly, well it doesn't flip around. The fix here is for
fvwm to send the M_CONFIGURE_WINDOW packet durng a move with the
coordinates set after the adjustment for EdgeResistance. At the moment
it is sending the coordinates based on the pointer position rather than
the actual window position.

The reason it flips around is that I chose to calculate the page a
window occupies by lookkng at the page the top left hand corner sits on.
It probably wouldn't make any difference to base it on the window
centre. Should I do this?

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:12:53 +0100

> centre. Should I do this?

I just tried it and it works OK, I'll commit it, don't bother fixing the
packets fvwm sends, nothing but the pager is interested.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 23:15:45 +0300

> packets fvwm sends, nothing but the pager is interested.

Not quite. It may eventually produce for me the following results:
  * not flipping when on the right edge
  * flipping to the next page even when moving a very small window
    inside the same page when on the right edge (!)
  * flipping by 2 points when on the left edge (a very small window)

Before your latest commit, it consistently flipped by 1 point on positive
EdgeResistance. I also think it is a problem of EdgeResistance and marked
it fixed. I think you should undo your latest commit (window centre).

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 16:47:05 +0100

>   * flipping by 2 points when on the left edge (a very small window)

MMM, think I need to try harder.
> it fixed. I think you should undo your latest commit (window centre).
Unfortunately the previous code would core dump with a very narrow pager
window.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2000 08:30:21 +0100

> MMM, think I need to try harder.

Mikhael, does the latest CVS fix these problems?  There is still a bug
in fvwm when EdgeResistance keeps a window on screen (use the keyboard
to move a pixel at a time).

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 02:03:00 +0300

> to move a pixel at a time).

I am pretty happy with the current state. I wanted to write that I
consider flipping as a feature, not a bug. But it is fixed - very well.

Regards,
Mikhael.