Subject: Re: transparent icon man drawing

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 14:30:55 +0100

Dominik Vogt wrote:
> 
> Tim, FvwmIconMan still does very strange things when using
> transparent colour sets in the background (see config below).
> It works fine if swallowed by FvwmButtons, but if it's a
> child of the root window it never redraws properly
> (screenshot attached).  Can you look into this?  I don't
> have any time to debug transparency right now.

I think this is going to be very difficult to fix due to the fact that
FvwmIconMan is a single window with buttons drawn on it. FwwmPager uses
a window for each desk, button and mini-window, FvwmWinList gets away
with it because all the buttons are the same size and there is no area
visible that isn't a button.  As far as I can tell FvwmIconMan works
fine if none of it's colorsets are transparent or all of them are. You
get the problems when there is a mixture.

I think we should mark this as a known bug and plan to fix it post 2.4
by making each button a window.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]