Subject: Re: Notification: incoming/619

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 23:17:54 -0700

Previously from Dominik Vogt
>On Mon, May 29, 2000 at 01:58:09PM -0700, Michael Han wrote:
>> Fellow workers, how much trouble is it going to cause for the screen
>> to be non-rectangular?
>
>Lots.  Ouch!
>
>> I've got the bad feeling that the math involved
>> in a lot of places like CleverPlacement just got a lot harder.
>
>You're an optimist.  I can't believe we can ever properly handle
>this situation.  (Did you notice I'm a pessimist).

Ugh. I just realized that pages would be severely broken by
non-rectangular screens. Still, I wonder if it's worth trying to
support Xinerama with a rectangular desktop. A bunch of things make
much better sense if the desktop is limited to a single physical
screen (centering, random/smart/clever placement) when it's thinking
about the desktop. I'm curious about what went into enlightenment for
Xinerama support -- they added it a week or three back I hear.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"'Why is that toy on your head?' 'Because if I wear it anywhere else, it
chafes.'" - Chris Knight
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jun 2000 15:06:13 -0700

>I really don't understand why FvwmCommand does not use the
>DISPLAY in the pipe names.  According to the code it should
>do that.  The same happens if you start multiple X servers
>and switch between them with Ctrl-Alt-Fn.  Both instances
>of FvwmCommandS use the same pipes :-(  This should really
>be handled by the module itself.  Any ideas why the code
>in FvwmCommandS.c does not work?

On my machine it does work. Ah, I see. Someone added the DISPLAY stuff
in the current branch, but it isn't present in the 2.2 branch.
-- 
[email-masked]                               http://www.mikehan.com/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
Why do we still live here in this repulsive town? All our friends are in New
York." Stephen Merritt
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]