Subject: bug list #3 (general bugs)

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 19:35:30 +0300

Originally this list was longer, but Dominik already took a look at it. ;)
I will write about session management problems in a separate message later.

1) Title background of windows not on the current page is not updated
   (only back; fore is updated) until windows are focused.
   Minimal rc file (actually only BackColor is interesting):

Style xcalc StartsOnPage 1 1
Style * ForeColor yellow, BackColor gray
Style Fvwm* Sticky
AddToFunc StartFunction
+ I FvwmPager
+ I FvwmConsole
+ I Exec xcalc
+ I Exec xterm

   # Now execute in FvwmConsole and switch pages:

Style * ForeColor red, BackColor darkgreen

   Related notes.

   Interesting, seems like once TitleStyle (with color) is used, it can't
   be destroyed, i.e. title can't be reverted to use BackColor again.

   Sometimes there are similar problems with border colors, updated only
   for windows on the current page, but I have no example handy. This
   may be related. I will rereport if I find the example.

2) Opaque Move when draging on border edges and moving in the same to the
   edge direction jumps by 2 points. If dragging on another border place
   (somewhere in the center) or in opposite direction, the move is smooth.
   How to reproduce. Drag on rightmost edge of the right border and move
   to right; or on leftmost edge of the right border and move to left.

3) For small windows when buttons are stripped and title is 1-2 points,
   a wrong cursor (top-left-corner instead of arrow) may be on the title.
   Minimal rc file (examine the title of xmessage):

Style * Button 1, Button 2, Button 4, Button 6
Mouse 1 1 A Nop
Mouse 1 2 A Nop
Mouse 1 4 A Nop
Mouse 1 6 A Nop
Exec xmessage -g 46x51+100+100 text

4) Sometimes (not randomly, but close to randomly) in the menu bound in
   FvwmIconMan, the window-operation hints will be incorrect. For example,
   Delete may be shown both enabled or disable for apps not supporting
   delete protocol, and both enabled or disable for apps supporting it.
   Minimal rc file (try mouse 3 in FvwmIconMan several times, I can
   reproduce all 4 cases very shortly, try leave/enter FvwmIconMan):

AddToMenu MenuFvwmWindowOps "Delete" Delete
*FvwmIconMan*action  Mouse 3  N sendcommand "Popup MenuFvwmWindowOps"
Exec xterm          # xterm supports delete protocol
Module FvwmIconMan  # FvwmIconMan itself does not support it

5) Can something be done with the following? After a click (with Iconify)
   only icon (image and title) frames are drawn until a mouse release.
   Also icon image frame is shown focused, but icon title is usually not
   (i.e. title is focused on the first iconify, but not on the next ones).
   Minimal rc file (click on the window button and hold mouse):

Style * Icon terminal  # it is in my /usr/include/X11/bitmaps
Style * Button 1
Mouse 1 1 A FuncIconify
Mouse 0 I A Iconify False
AddToFunc FuncIconify I Iconify
Exec xterm -g +200+200

6) The title button will revert to the pressed state after clicking and
   then unfocusing, when the command is not found.
   Minimal rc file (click the title with mouse 2 and leave the window):

Mouse 2 T A Unexisting
Exec xterm -g +200+200

7) Cursor of right titlebar buttons or default cursor may not be updated
   after CursorStyle. Auto-fixed in new windows.
   Minimal rc file:

Style * Button 1, Button 2
Mouse 1 1 A Nop
Mouse 1 2 A Nop
CursorStyle SYS left_ptr
CursorStyle DEFAULT left_ptr
Exec xmessage -g +200+200 test  # or other app with DEFAULT cursor inside

   # Now, start FvwmConsole and execute:
CursorStyle SYS plus  # left button is updated, right is not
CursorStyle DEFAULT plus  # xmessage is not updated, Recapture is needed

   Probably the DEFAULT cursor behaviour is acceptable, I am not sure.

8) DepressableBorder does not look correct at the bottom and on the right
   (5 color lines used), but looks ok at the top and on the left
   (3 color lines used). Normal border has 4 color lines anywhere.

9) If the FvwmButtons panel is closed, the arrow is still active until
   Refresh or Recapture. Not urgent at all.

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 00:27:37 +0200

>    # Now execute in FvwmConsole and switch pages:

Fixed.

>    be destroyed, i.e. title can't be reverted to use BackColor again.

That's a know issue.  We decided not to spend any time on the
TitleStyle command anymore.

>    may be related. I will rereport if I find the example.

Fixed (same as above).

>    to right; or on leftmost edge of the right border and move to left.
 
I don't see any jerky movement.  Let's make sure I understand this
right.  You mean *moving* windows, not *resizing*, right?  And of course
you don't use SnapGrid or SnapAttraction.  If both is true, can you
make another minimal config and give me some picture that describes
what you mean?

> Exec xmessage -g 46x51+100+100 text

Fixed.

> Module FvwmIconMan  # FvwmIconMan itself does not support it

Fixed.

> AddToFunc FuncIconify I Iconify

Fixed.

>    Minimal rc file (click the title with mouse 2 and leave the window):

Fixed.

>    Probably the DEFAULT cursor behaviour is acceptable, I am not sure.

Both fixed.

>    (3 color lines used). Normal border has 4 color lines anywhere.

Fixed.

>    Refresh or Recapture. Not urgent at all.

Fixed (hopefully - I didn't see the same symptoms).

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 03:30:35 +0300

It was fast and nice. :) Thank you, Dominik.
Problems 1, 4-9 are fixed, tested twice.

> make another minimal config and give me some picture that describes

By border edge I mean the pixel number 1 or number 7 (for border width 7).
In the cases above, the cursor is moved smoothly, but the window is not.
The minimal rc file:

OpaqueMoveSize 100
Mouse 2 STF A Move

> > Exec xmessage -g 46x51+100+100 text

No, this is not fixed in CVS yet. The same example is still valid.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 13:36:44 +0200

> No, this is not fixed in CVS yet. The same example is still valid.

Now it is.  The problem was more severe than I had thought at first.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]