Subject: CVS migo: log

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 19:25:37 -0500 (CDT)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	migo	00/06/29 19:25:37

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog NEWS 
	fvwm           : fvwm2.1 module_interface.c 

Log message:
log

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:45:49 +0300

> 	fvwm           : fvwm2.1 module_interface.c 

Hmm, I used -m instead of -F. The log is:

* KillModule supports additional parameter module-alias.
* Improved the Module command description: corrections, added 8 more modules
and a paragraph describing a special role of FvwmTheme.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The changes are enclosed in #ifndef WITHOUT_KILLMODULE_ALIAS_SUPPORT.

This fixes the problem of being able to start several aliases, but not
being able to stop them individually (none or all). "SendToModule stop"
is a good solution, but it is not yet implemented (all modules should be
modified). Anyway it's correct for KillModule to support aliases.

So the following scenario is now possible:

Module FvwmEvent -audio SoundEvent
Module FvwmEvent NewWindowEvent
Module FvwmEvent AutoLowerEvent

KillModule FvwmEvent SoundEvent  # it is 23:00
KillModule FvwmEvent  # this as usual kills all FvwmEvent's

Module FvwmPager OneDeskPager * *
Module FvwmPager FourDeskPager 0 3

KillModule FvwmPager FourDeskPager

Well, Tim, I read your todo-3.0 just now. I mostly agree with you.
However it is not clear what is module alias for you. I would personally
prefer to make alias mandatory for modules (changing module interface)
and refer to modules by pair (name, alias). So for me alias is only an
addition to name, not a replacement. We may discuss this after 2.4.

Regards,
Mikhael.