Subject: Other strange things going on with focus

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 16:31:29 -0400

With  mouse focus, entering  the icon,  (not the  icon title) does not
highlight the  title.   If  you  then   enter  the title,    the title
highlights  and expands.   Moving back  into   the icon unexpands  the
title, and leaves the title highlighted.

Exmh shows a different problem.  Clicking  on the icon (not the title)
doesn't  deiconify  the icon.   (This   works for   my  other  icons.)
Clicking on the icon title works as it should.  I think exmh generates
its own icon image.

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 10:42:27 +0200

> Clicking on the icon title works as it should.  I think exmh generates

Dan, can you try to debug this?  I can't see it here.  The only
hint I have is that my change for the focus-lost-when-entering-root
problem may be part of the cause.

Try replacing

    if(Event.xcrossing.window == Scr.Root
      /* domivogt (16-May-2000): added this test because somehow fvwm sometimes
       * get a LeaveNotify on the root window although it is single screen. */
      && Scr.NumberOfScreens > 1)
    {

with

    if(Event.xcrossing.window == Scr.Root)
    {

(events.c, around line 1617)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 23:08:54 -0400

> (events.c, around line 1617)

That didn't seem to help.  I get the same symptoms.

The code you  had me  modify was in  HandleLeaveNotify.   I would have
guessed  the problem with  the title not   highlighting had more to do
with enter notify.  (I haven't figured out how this works yet.)

These symptoms are related to applications that create their own icons.
Would you happen to know where fvwm becomes aware of these icons?

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:22:54 +0100

> Would you happen to know where fvwm becomes aware of these icons?

About line 177 of icons.c there is a multi-way if-else construct that
chooses between and fvwm supplied pixmap, a client suplied pixmap and a
client supllied icon window.

Cheers,
Tim.