Subject: Feature requests & comments

From: [email-masked] (M. Tavasti)
Date: 04 May 2000 15:23:05 +0300

First of all, thanks for great window manager. I've been using various
flavours of fvwm for years, and every time when I try some other WM, I
come back to fvwm, because I like it better. Just like one of my
friends said about KDE: 'Yeah, it's great, looking nice, etc, but
won't beat well configured fvwm'

I have some requests for new features.

1) (most important for me)
  Minimize-function, which have parameters how to minimize: iconify,
or just set window height to zero, leaving titlebar there. 

2) I like to place my windows manually, but not some stupid
netcape-popups (transients). I'd like to have setting 'place windows
manually, keep popups with their parent'

3) Related to previous, would be nice if those tnasients would get
focus automatically, if their parent is focused

4) Possibility to select multiple windows for moving together. For
example olvwm haves rubberband for selecting windows. 

Once more, thank's for great WM!

-- 
M. Tavasti /  [email-masked]  /   +358-40-5078254
 Poista sähköpostiosoitteesta molemmat x-kirjaimet
     Remove x-letters from my e-mail address
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 05:14:20 +0200

> or just set window height to zero, leaving titlebar there. 

Try this function:

  AddToFunc MyMinimize
  + "i" $0

and call it with "MyMinimize WindowShade" or "MyMinimize Iconify".
I don't see why this should be better that calling Iconify or
WindowShade directly.

> manually, keep popups with their parent'

Well, that's only a question of the proper style.  I think all
netscape popups have a '_popup' in their resource name, so you
should be able to say

  Style "*" ActivePlacement, DumbPlacement
  Style "*_popup" RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement
 
(the order of these statements does matter).

> focus automatically, if their parent is focused

Try out the GrabFocusTransient style (available in the latest betas).

> example olvwm haves rubberband for selecting windows.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]