Subject: Re: FvwmScript WriteToFile

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 11:37:18 +0100

[email-masked] wrote:
> 
> Hey, in FvwmScript, is there a way to _not_ have WriteToFile print:
> \n
> #ScriptName,SomeNumbers\n
> contents of what WriteToFile prints...\n
> #end\n
> \n
> 
> This is kinda annoying IMHO.

It's also necessary for the way WriteToFile works. It will replace a
section in a file marked as above. The magic number is the process id
and is there so that a script can have more than one WriteToFile. The
man page doesn't explain this.  I don't think we can change it much
(maybe remove the blank lines) without breaking existing scripts.  We
could introduce another command called AppendToFile which would simply
append the line. It would be up to the script to empty the file first if
needed.

Cheers,
Tim.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]