Subject: failure to compile FvwmGtk

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 11:01:16 +0200

I just updated on my work machine after three weeks, and now I can't
compile FvwmGtk anymore:

  gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../..  -I/usr/X11R6/include \
  -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/lib/glib/include \
  -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/gnome/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H \
                                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  -I/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include \
  -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include    -g -O2 -I/include -c FvwmGtk.c
  FvwmGtk.c:29: gnome.h: No such file or directory
  make: *** [FvwmGtk.o] Error 1

from FvwmGtk.c:

  #ifdef NEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H
  #include <gnome.h>
  #else

Any ideas why NEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H suddenly is defined?
BTW, I configured with "./configure" - no options.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 17:32:29 +0300

>   -I/usr/local/include -I/opt/gnome/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H \

fvwm does not define NEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H, my guess is it is generated by
gnome-config --cflags. Or by other *-config --cflags, I can't test.

Both gnome-config and gnome.h are parts of the same package, IIUC,
Do you have the first and no the second?

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 16:08:20 +0200

> gnome-config --cflags. Or by other *-config --cflags, I can't test.

At least neither gnome-config nor gtk-config generate these.

> Do you have the first and no the second?

What two packets do you mean?  BTW, I didn't change the setup on this
machine in several months.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 19:10:19 +0300

> At least neither gnome-config nor gtk-config generate these.

If 'gnome-config --cflags gnorba gnomeui' does not produce this -D,
I give up for now.

> machine in several months.

I didn't mention 2 packets anywhere. :-) I mean, both files
gnome-config and gnome.h are parts of one package: gnome-libs-devel (RH)
or gnlibsd (SuSE). If you have gnome-config, you should have gnome.h
in /usr/include or /opt/gnome/include.

Regards,
Mikhael.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2000 07:25:46 +0200

> If 'gnome-config --cflags gnorba gnomeui' does not produce this -D,

  $ gnome-config --cflags gnorba gnomeui
  -I/opt/gnome/include -DNEED_GNOMESUPPORT_H -I/opt/gnome/lib/gnome-libs/include -I/usr/lib/glib/include -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> in /usr/include or /opt/gnome/include.

No, I don't have gnome.h (otherwise I wouldn't get the error
message :-) ).

Bye

Dominik ^_^