Subject: resizing maximized windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 06:51:34 -0500

Full_Name: Peter Daum
Version: 2.3.19
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.2.15
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.5
Submission from: (NULL) (130.149.146.103)

Hi,

it seems to me, like some change in fvwm during the last months
caused, that clients can no longer resize their windows when
these are maximized.

Actually, the only client where I encounter this problem is gimp.
Gimp has a function named "shrink-wrap" that tries to resize the
window to the current image size. With recent versions of fvwm,
this doesn't work anymore, when the window is maximized. Gimp
obviously thinks, that the resize succeeded and redraws the image
in the upper left corner with the scrollbars around it, but the
window just stays maximized and doesn't change its size.

I am not sure, which fvwm-version introduced this behavior
change, I only can tell that it was between fvwm 2.2.2 and
2.3.11. Is it a bug or just a new feature, that I don't
understand? Is there any way, to get the old behavior back?

To reproduce:
1.) Start Gimp (version 1.1.x)
2.) Push the "maximize" button on the image window's title bar 
    (or whatever else you have bound to invoke fvwm's maximize)
3.) In the image window's context menu, call "View/Shrink Wrap"

Regards,
                Peter

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]