Subject: FvwmDebug

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 May 2000 23:00:38 -0700

Okay, so after going around with this a bit, here's my proposal for
FvwmDebug. Changed features:

1) optional -v flag for verbose packet output
2) optional filename arg to direct output, since shell redirection
doesn't appear to be an option when invoking a module

A lot of cleanup to support more packet types (including M_ERROR).
Streamline the packet handlers by handling packet types with the same
general contents with a single function, rather a unique function per
packet type... i.e., rather than separate functions for M_ADD_WINDOW
and M_CONFIGURE_WINDOW, you get a single function that handles either.
If that sounds okay, I'll go ahead and commit what I have.

That should be the last module to be converted to ConfigWinPacket
bodies.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"The lunatic, the lover and the poet
Are of imagination all compact:-" A Midsummer Night's Dream, V i
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 09:13:37 +0200

> If that sounds okay, I'll go ahead and commit what I have.

That's okay by me.

> That should be the last module to be converted to ConfigWinPacket

Does that mean I can close the 'Tru64' bug report then?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 20:30:30 -0700

Previously from Dominik Vogt
>> If that sounds okay, I'll go ahead and commit what I have.

I've just committed my changes.

>Does that mean I can close the 'Tru64' bug report then?

I think you can, but because someone (Olivier?) has confirmed that
Bob's work on the module interface fixed the problem.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
To understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]