Subject: help maping input only window

From: David Fries <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2000 15:07:59 -0500

I'm trying to map an input only window because I want to grab the
mouse/keyboard and do X selections (cut/paste).  I haven't looked at
selections yet though.

        fromWin = XCreateWindow( /*Display*/ fromDpy, /*Parent*/ root,
                /*X*/ 0,/*Y*/ 0,
                /*Width*/ 1,/*Height*/ 1, /*BorderWidth*/ 0,
                /*depth*/ 0,
                /*Class*/ InputOnly, /*Visual*/ CopyFromParent,
                /*Valuemask*/ 0,//CWBackPixel | CWOverrideRedirect,
                /*XSetWindowAttributes*/ &xswa);
        XMapWindow( fromDpy,fromWin);
        XFlush(fromDpy);

If I am not running a window manager it works just fine.

For an InputOnly window fvwm 2.2.4 reports,
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> *** internal error ***
[FVWM][FvwmErrorHandler]: <<ERROR>> Request 12, Error 8, EventType: 20

If I have BorderWidth as 1, Class InputOutput it works fine with fvwm.  But
it has a pixel window on the screen.  Any suggestions for the InputOnly
class windows?  Or can I just not use them with fvwm?

-- 
		+---------------------------------+
		|      David Fries                |
		|      [email-masked]             |
		+---------------------------------+

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 12:44:21 +0100

>                 /*XSetWindowAttributes*/ &xswa);

I think your visual is wrong, try DefaultVisual(fromDpy,
DefaultScreen(fromDpy)) instead.

Cheers,
Tim.