Subject: I believe I've found a bug in PipeRead

From: Psi-Jack <[email-masked]>
Date: 12 Apr 2000 12:14:16 CDT

There's been a problem itching on me about PipeRead, and I think I
finally figured it was a definate bug.

I've been attempting to make a theme engine, much like that of
fvwm-themes, but using PipeReads instead of Read's and generating files.
Well, come to find out, after vigorous hours of testing, that somehow
there's either a bug, or something I'd need to do to get PipeRead to work
right.

Everytime I Try and PipeRead, not everything gets read, before it starts
dabbling off in other places. Yet, when I generate out files of the same
information, and Read them, the whole system seems to work without any
problems.

Is that normal, or can it be gotten around?

-- 
    -- Psi-Jack <Jack into the Matrix/NOW!!!>

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 13:34:15 -0400

> Is that normal, or can it be gotten around?

dabbles: to work at anything in an irregular or superficial manner: to
dabble in literature.

The PipeRead command executes the generated commands as it reads them.
It should keep reading until  the there are   no more commands on  the
pipe.

Can you post an example?

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]