Subject: readline with ncurses in 2.3.16 : suddenly broken!

From: Chris Rankin <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 23:22:52 +1000 (EST)

Hi,
I have just tried to reconfigure fvwm2 (after the configure.in
changed) and suddenly my libreadline.so is no longer being
recognised. This is what config.log says:

configure:2973: checking with ncurses
configure:2975: checking for readline in -lreadline
configure:2994: gcc -o conftest -O2 -g -Wall -W -fomit-frame-pointer   conftest.c -lreadline   1>&5
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetnum'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgoto'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetflag'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `BC'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tputs'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `PC'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetent'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `UP'
/usr/lib/libreadline.so: undefined reference to `tgetstr'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
configure: failed program was:
#line 2983 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
    builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char readline();

int main() {
readline()
; return 0; }

The key point here is that I don't have a libtermcap.a, and use the
termcap support in ncurses 5.0 instead. Therefore the configure script
*must* use "-lreadline -lncurses". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers,
Chris.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 19:37:44 +0200

> *must* use "-lreadline -lncurses". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Woops, I definitely intended to leave -lncurses. Can you try now?

Regards,
Mikhael.