Subject: Re: FVWM: FvwmIconMan and temporary transients

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 21:42:37 -0700

Previously from [email-masked]
>[snip]
>The problem is that it seems that there doesn't seem to be a way to clear
>FvwmIconMan's concept of show/dontshow windows.  If I send FvwmIconMan a new
>"show" line, it appends to its current list instead of replacing it.
>
>Thus, I need to add a DestroyModuleConfig and reset ALL the FvwmIconMan
>control lines in my function.
>
>Is there a better way to get the functionality I need?

Ugh, I was going to suggest a:

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmIconMan*transient*dontshow*

until I remembered that FvwmIconMan uses '*' to separate configuration
subparts, which is inconvenient if you're trying to
DestroyModuleConfig. I think this is bad.  FvwmIconMan and
DestroyModuleConfig shouldn't find the same character interesting in
different ways.

In the meantime, you might be able to escape the non-terminating
asterisks, but I just don't know what fvwm does inside of
DestroyModuleConfig.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"What was your username?" - BOFH
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]