Subject: Sample-95

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 08:04:56 +0200

Hello,
I've done a lot of change to sample-95. May be I go to far in one or
two directions, but if someone (or may be two) want I can remove some
of the new "functionalies". Also, I've some interrogation and request.
(For more info: read the beginning and the end of the file.)

New stuff that can cause problems (flames on other points are welcome):
- Now there is a script (ScriptFvwmSetup95) for installing sample-95.
(However, sample-95 "works" as it is, but with some minor pbs which 
are solved using the settings submenu). If you want that I add some
applications in the choices widget say me (especially for the .au player).
- The change you done via the settings submenu (up the first separator)
is saved for the next fvwm session.

Interrogations & help request:
- ScriptFvwmSetup95 use a one line perl script for installing sample-95
(if perl is not installed sed and cp is used but you cannot choose your
"preferences"). I think that it will be more sure to use a non executable
script install-sample-95.pl in FVWM_CONFIGDIR (if you've got pbs installing 
sample-95 it comes from this one line perl script). Any objections?
- I think it will be better to have a multi-file configurations. But
to do so we've to change the default FVWM_USERHOME to, say, ~/.fvwm.
If it is the case I can do so that install-sample-95.pl do the segmentation
of sample-95.
- It will be very easy to switch to FvwmTheme and to add a very elementary
theme engine (just for colors and window buttons (not button bindings)). 
The only problem is to found at least 10 "colors palettes". 
Any suggestions ?

Warning: I've written a lot of english ... But I will try to re-read all
this english ...

Olivier

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]