Subject: Moving/disappearing icons in 2.2.4

From: Julian Gilbey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 11:56:44 +0000

I received this message personally.  I don't know whether it's still a
problem in the latest betas.

   Julian

----- Forwarded message from David Cunningham <[email-masked]> -----

FVWM version: 2.2.4
OS: Linux 2.2.14 (Debian)
X server: Xfree86 3.3.6-1
Private: No

I am currently trying to persuade the company I work for to use Linux
and FVWM but tests in our system have had one problem.

We have many monitoring windows open on other systems and these are
usually iconified. The icon changes color depending on the status of
the system.  However, if you move from the virtual desktop which has
the icons to a different one and an icon changes to reflect the new
status of a system, when you come back to the virtual desktop with the
icons, the updated icon has either moved or dissapeared.  As we have
hundreds of icons, changing fairly regularly this is a big
problem. How do I get the icons to stay put?

Please email me with any ideas/questions at [email-masked].

Thanks in advance,

David Cunningham

----- End forwarded message -----
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]