Subject: Dancing Windows

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 20:37:25 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: James Smith
Version: 2.2.4
CVS_Date: 
OS: Solaris 2.6, 2.7, both Intel and Sparc
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (134.148.24.16)

When using Pro/Engineer under fvwm2, the following odd behaviour occurs.
Pro/Engineer implements its menus as separate windows that popup next to
the main window. Under fvwm2, when a selection is made from such a menu
that causes it to change, the menu is redrawn slightly offset from its
previous position. Thus someone using Pro/Engineer under fvwm2 will have
their main menu gradually walk across the screen and off the edge. The
movement is always horizontal, and about the width of a window border,
and can happen in either direction. We reported this problem to PTC
(who make Pro/Engineer) and they said their product does not support
fvwm2 :-) :-(. This behaviour does not occur with other window managers.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]