Subject: Fvwm-2.3.15 random placement bug

From: Nagi Aboulenein <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:27:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi All,

I've been trying out fvwm-2.3.15 for a few days now, and found
what seems to be a bug in the random placement mechanism. I
don't know if this has already been reported, if yes, just
ignore this message.

The bug manifests itself when both RandomPlacement and
SmartPlacement are specified as style options. If there is
insufficient space to place a new window without overlapping
with an existing window, then the new window is always placed
at the +0+0 location of the current page. Previously, the
behaviour 
used to be that the new window location would be staggered by a
few pixels from where the last window was placed by the
algorithm.

The platform on which I'm seeing this is:

Red Hat Linux release 6.1 (Cartman)
Kernel 2.2.12-20smp on an i686
X server: XFree86-3.3.6 or XFree86-4.0 or Exceed-6.1 (happens
on all of them)
fvwm2rc: default version that is used by fvwm-2.3.15

Thanks for a great window manager!

Regards,

Nagi Aboulenein

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Talk to your friends online with Yahoo! Messenger.
http://im.yahoo.com
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2000 10:23:24 +0100

> few pixels from where the last window was placed by the

Fixed.  In placement.c, replace all occurences of

  tmp_win->decor->title_height

with 

  tmp_win->title_g.height

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]