Subject: 2.2.4 patch offering

From: Allin Cottrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 12:44:37 -0500 (EST)

I'm not sure if this will be wanted, since I see from the
development versions that FvwmGoodStuff is on the way out, but
anyway I've hacked GoodStuff to do a couple of things that I
like: display a CDE-style led that blinks when you a launch an
app, till it's realized; and have buttons that are not relieved
in their rest state, and so blend in with the desktop, but which
"push in" when pressed.

I originally hacked this up using fvwm 1.23, but have now
updated the hack as a patch to 2.2.4.  I tried to achieve the
same effect with FvwmButtons but couldn't manage it with a
reasonable amount of effort.

The patch, with screenshots of the effect, is at

http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/fvwm2/

-- 
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics
Wake Forest University, NC

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 09:39:27 -0500

> http://ricardo.ecn.wfu.edu/~cottrell/fvwm2/

FvwmGoodStuff has been dropped from fvwm in the 2.3.x series of betas.
FvwmButtons is the replacement.

There are lots of changes in FvwmButtons since 2.2.4,
if you'd like to submit a patch, make sure you do it against the latest
beta, 2.3.16.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]