Subject: Again - FvwmPager & StaysOnTop (PR-543)

From: Nadim Shaikli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:07:28 -0800 (PST)

On 18 January 2000, I had reported the following nuisance.  Has anyone else
experienced this ?

Furthermore, even if I "Raise" FvwmPager (through a mouse menu), it will work
for awhile, and then revert back to _not_ being on top.  There is no
FvwmIdentify difference between the "staysontop" pager and the one that 
misbehaves.

BTW: could someone add the layer info to 'FvwmIdent' (it would help debug) ??

Latest Version	: fvwm-snap-20000301
OS		: SunOS chico 5.7 Generic_106541-08 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60

Thanks..

 - Nadim

Here is a small portion of the bug report (in 'incoming'),
------------------------------ PR #543 ------------------------------

I have the following lines in my .fvwm2rc file,

  Style "FvwmPager"       StaysOnTop
  Style "FvwmBanner"      StaysOnTop

When I first start fvwm2 everything works great - a few hours later, the
pager no longer "staysontop".  I tried this a number of times and its
happening to me consistently (can't narrow down exactly how to reproduce
it though).

 etc..etc..etc..

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 16:13:52 +0000

> BTW: could someone add the layer info to 'FvwmIdent' (it would help debug) ??
Done, let us know how you get on.

CHeers,
Tim.