Subject: Adding some mini icons

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 10:25:18 +0200

Hello,
I would like to add some (mini) icons into fvwm_icons:

I would like to complete the net black/blue/white winops mini 
icons (currently, mini.resize3.xpm, mini.move1.xpm) and adding:
mini.iconify1.xpm, mini.maximize1.xpm, mini.shade1.xpm and
mini.stick1.xpm (from wm-icons)
The green yellow flashy winops mini icons gives a complete set
of  winops mini icons, but I think that almost every body do
not like it.

Also I would like to add one icon (32x32) and a mini icon for 
gimp, one mini icon for kde, one mini icon for gnome and a
shell icon with  the same format than the root taskbar start 
menu from fvwm2rc.system-sample-95.

I would like to add these icons for fvwm2rc.system-sample-95
but I think that it will be useful for every body.

Any objection ?

Olivier

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 09:07:20 -0500

> I would like to add some (mini) icons into fvwm_icons:

I assume you mean fvwm-web/icons?

> of  winops mini icons, but I think that almost every body do

I'm afraid I'm the culprit responsible for the green yellow stuff.

They look good to me (on cornflower blue menus).

> but I think that it will be useful for every body.

No objection from me.

I have some more  mini icons too.   They're not green and  yellow this
time.  If  you want, add yours and  then I'll take care  of generating
the icon-shots files for the mini icons.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 05:26:22 +0200

> I assume you mean fvwm-web/icons?

Yes, of course.
 
> They look good to me (on cornflower blue menus).

I do not say that I do not like it, I use it for a long time
before I switch to wm-icons :) But on a grey80 background there
are not perfect.

> the icon-shots files for the mini icons.

Ok, thanks.

Just an idea: fvwm_icons have a very good set of mini icons, but the
set of icons is quite limited and not really uniform ... what
about to add say the 48x48 icons from wm-icons to the icons dist ? 

Olivier

---

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:20:49 +0200

> about to add say the 48x48 icons from wm-icons to the icons dist ? 

The original idea of fvwm-icons project (renamed to wm-icons by Steve's
suggession, see the discussion here a year ago) was to replace the icons
shipped with fvwm completely with a more structured and hopefully complete
icon distribution. And now fvwm itself has no icons.

Since wm-icons is only beta now (although is very useful) and there are
many users using the old icons, I think that leaving old icons as they are
is ok to provide a backward compatibility, but I don't think managing them
is a good idea. For example, I wanted to extend the icon list and reduce
colors in 48x48-general icon set, now if you add these icons from wm-icons,
I should do this in 2 places. Actually in 3 if we count fvwm-themes. :)
Do we need such duplication? I suggest us to work on wm-icons only.

Regards,
Mikhael.