Subject: ParentRelative frame background

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 16:22:11 +0100

Tim,

contrary to our previous discussion it's probably not a
good idea to set the frame window background to
ParentRelative by default.  Sometimes you *can* see the frame
window: during animated 'dewindowshadification' :-)
Try this:

  style * windowshadesteps 1p

and then deiconify a window.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2000 17:16:17 +0000

Dominik Vogt wrote:

> not a good idea to set the frame window background to

I know we are in feature freeze but I think the only way to get
transparent modules working is to create a new style flag that switches
between ParentRelative and None for the backgrounds of the clients
ancestor windows.  I did think that it might be possible to create those
ancestors of the client with the same attributes as the client but that
would not help the modules (without a lot of coding) and would not allow
transparency to be switched on and off.

I'm not confident of creating new style flags so I'll let the list
decide and someone else can create it.  I'll do the fiddling if someone
creates some empty functions and #defines.

For a name pair I'd like to suggest ParentalRelativity to turn it on and
Opacity to return to the default.

Cheers,
Tim.