Subject: Fvwm 2.3.13 still not working on Tru64 Unix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 09:22:18 -0500 (EST)

I've reported this back in 2.3.10 and got no answer, but just in case it
slipped under the cracks, fvwm 2.3.13 still is not working on Tru64 Unix 5.0
on my Alpha system at work.

I have a .fvwm2rc file (processed by FvwmM4) that works fine with fvwm 2.2.2
on that platform.  It also works fine on my home system (RedHat 6.1 running
fvwm 2.3.13 -- there are some messages about things that have changed, but the
RC file still loads and runs more or less correctly).

On Tru64 Unix, however, I get ugly (motif-like) decorations.  None of the
programs in my InitFunction get executed.  I instead get the default 4-item
root menu (Xterm, Setup Fvwm, Send commands, Exit).  However, if I select
either the second or third menu items, which run FvwmForm, fvwm freezes.

My log file shows the message being generated:

[FVWM][HandleModuleInput]: <<ERROR>> Module 0, Size Problem: cont is zero

If I telnet into the machine and kill the FvwmForm process, fvwm unfreezes.
But still doesn't do anything useful other than allowing me to launch an
xterm.

It is less than useful if I cannot get fvwm to read my configuration file, nor
even run FvwmForm.  Can anybody help with this?

-- 
Larry Gensch                                          [email-masked]

                  "May I have ten thousand marbles, please?"

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2000 09:40:26 -0500

> even run FvwmForm.  Can anybody help with this?

Well, you can send one of these Alpha systems to my house...

Just kidding.  Is there a difference between the size on an int
and an unsigned long under "Tru64 Unix"?

It looks to me like HandleModuleInput is treating both "size" and "cont"
as ints, but the module header is a series of unsigned longs.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]