Subject: CVS hippo: Fixed FvwmPager with non-root depth visual

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:28:20 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm
Changes by:	hippo	00/02/29 09:28:20

Modified files:
	modules/FvwmPager: x_pager.c 

Log message:
Fixed FvwmPager with non-root depth visual

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 15:37:22 +0000

> Fixed FvwmPager with non-root depth visual

If anyone is thinking of making any other modules transparent would you
please not just set the background pixmap to be ParentRelative. It will
fail if fvwm is started with the -visual option and the depth of the
visual is not the same as the root window depth.  It may fail whenever
the -visual option is used on some servers but I can only test on Exceed
and that allows any visual as long as the depths match.

FvwmTheme will not send a colorset with a transparent background in this
case so it might be best to create the module windows with
background=None and then set the background to be transparent when a
transparent colorset definition arrives (see FvwmWinList for an
example).

Cheers,
Tim.