Subject: funny colors, still

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2000 23:46:44 -0800

I didn't expect to see any change, but I'm still seeing funny colors
in FvwmIconMan. Dan, did you say you were seeing similar problems in
FvwmForm? Well, I decided to spend more time trying to figure the
problem out... Could someone familiar with the hilight/shadow
calculations take a look at the following values and verify that
they're sane?

  backcolor = {13484208, 0, 13484208, 0, 12500670, 12500670, 12500670}, 
  forecolor = {0, 13484208, 0, 13484208, 0, 0, 0}, hicolor = {16777215, 
    8355711, 16777215, 8355711, 16777215, 16777215, 16777215}, shadowcolor = {
    6971476, 5000268, 6971476, 5000268, 6250335, 6250335, 6250335}, 

These values result from the following:

*FvwmIconMan*plainbutton flat black AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*focusbutton flat AntiqueWhite3 black
*FvwmIconMan*selectbutton up black AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*focusandselectbutton up AntiqueWhite3 black

I'd continue into the GCs to check the values there, but I had a lot
of trouble getting gdb to do that for me. Anyway, the setup I describe
above results in plainbuttons that are black on black. Select turns
them black on dark gray, with workable hi/shadow coloring. Focus
didn't change the colors present. The four lines above are the *only*
four lines of config I used to produce the effect I describe.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"I am not a number; I am a free man!" - Number Six
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 08:59:03 -0500

>     8355711, 16777215, 8355711, 16777215, 16777215, 16777215}, shadowcolor = 

The problem with FvwmForm is that if you delete any .FvwmForm file and
restart fvwm, and  then bring  up the dialog   that sets the  FvwmForm
defaults, it shows the current "color of text f/g" as "wheat", but the
text f/g is black.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]