Subject: Strange colors at strange times....

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 13:27:36 +1030

Anyone familiar with the forms I've posted here before might be aware I
use a DynamicPopupAction menu on a "browse" button.

However when popping up such a menu, the form then changes to become
completely filled with the Inactive window colors, making all fields,
buttons, writing etc.... disappear, leaving in it's place just a solid
square of whatever the inactive colors are. The menu pops up fine though
and does what it's supposed to.
I also noticed that each window I close briefly fills with the inactive
color before disappearing.
This started happening a couple of days ago during the WinList
discussions.

Alex

P.S. I'm using the latest cvs
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:10:25 +0000

> color before disappearing.

My fault, I just noticed I forgot to clear the background pixel setting
on the parent of the window.

I don't know about the form blanking on hitting the browse button but
the above problem is fixed in version 1.159 of add_window.c. Could you
try

cvs update -r 1.159

and see if it fixes your problems?  Don't forget to "cvs update -A"
afterwards or you will experience stickyness.

Cheers,
Tim.

---

From: Alex Wallis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 23:40:33 +1030

> afterwards or you will experience stickyness.

That fixed all the color problems, including the forms! Thanks! :)

Alex