Subject: Double-click now unforgiving to small movements of the mouse

From: Darren Stuart Embry <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 01:23:29 -0500

I've been having this problem in 2.3.13 where double-clicks on
the titlebar would activate the single-click parts of the
complex functions I've bound the titlebar to instead of the
double-click parts.

Turns out the mouse on the particular X terminal I was having
this problem with (double-clicks worked just fine on other
workstations) was actually moving a pixel or two when I was
clicking.  Maybe I'm not holding the mouse *perfectly*.

Now, I've been using fvwm-2.2.x and it seemed to allow a few
pixels' motion when I was double-clicking and still handle the
double-click parts of my complex function properly.

I haven't inspected the fvwm-2.2.x code very much at all but I'm
almost sure the code that detects double-clicks of the mouse
when a complex function is invoked works differently between the
two versions (for one thing, the CheckActionType() function
doesn't exist, or at least has a different name, in the 2.2 code
:).  The CheckActionType() function appears to detect
ButtonMotion events and assumes you're not double-clicking.

I'll probably hack up a patch for this in the next few days
unless someone more familiar with the code than myself can hack
up something.

Darren

-- 
Darren Stuart Embry.  Fear his mighty kung fu.
http://www.slug.louisville.edu/~dsembr01/
    ``Reach for the stars!  Even if you miss... you'll land on the moon.''
      -- unknown
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 15:02:29 +0100

> ButtonMotion events and assumes you're not double-clicking.

Yup, I've rewritten this stuff completely.

> unless someone more familiar with the code than myself can hack

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]