Subject: Re: FVWM: Reading/writing environment variables

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 12:24:10 +0100

On Thu, Feb 24, 2000 at 02:20:27PM +0000, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I have a function bound to a key (F4) to goto a certain desk and page. 
> I'd like to have another function that is bound to another key (F3) that
> would take me back to the desk and page where I was before I pressed
> F4.  Here's what I came up with, but it didn't work.  Any suggestions?
> 
> AddToFunc ReturnToPrevDeskPage
> + "I" GotoDesk 0 ${CUR_DESK}
> 
> AddToFunc GotoMyDeskPage
> + "I" SetEnv $d CUR_DESK
> + "I" GotoDesk 0 1
> + "I" GotoPage 0 0
> 
> Key F3    A N   ReturnToPrevDeskPage
> Key F4    A N   GotoMyDeskPage
> 
> I couldn't find a variable which returned the current page!

You don't need a variable to return to the last visited page.
Simply use

  GotoPage prev

This doesn't work with GotoDesk and GotoDeskAndPage yet.  I have
a mostly trivial patch to implement 'prev', but since we're in
feature freeze I won't commit it unless the OK from the
fvwm-workers list.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:30:33 -0500

> feature freeze I won't commit it unless the OK from the

The fact that "prev" is missing looks more like a bug than
anything else.  I think it should be fixed.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 15:49:13 +0100

> anything else.  I think it should be fixed.

Okay, I'll commit this soon.

Bye

Dominik ^_^