Subject: Re: bugs

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 19:32:26 +0100

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 07:24:28PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> Hi, I hate to do this, since I see that there've been lots of bug
> reports lately, but I just updated to the latest CVS and rebuilt and
> notice the following behaviors are still lingering around (they've all
> been present for at least a few weeks -- I've been waiting to find
> some time to resynch CVS and verify their presence). Without further
> ado, onto the bugs:
>...
> 
> 2) FvwmIconMan color options result in strange colors for me. Please
> take a look at:
> 
> http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman1.gif
> http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman2.gif
> 
> The first shows the state with an on-page window with focus; the
> second is an off-page window with focus. My IconMan config consists in
> two IconMen swallowed into FvwmButtons. The first's resolution is page
> and the second's is !page. The colors are wrong. My IconMan config is
> at:
> 
> http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman.txt
> 
> I tried to figure out why this one is wrong but couldn't. I attached
> to FvwmIconMan with gdb to verify the values are being set correctly
> and they are... Any ideas?

I think that's already fixed with current CVS.  Can you check this?

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2000 18:45:34 -0800

Previously from Dominik Vogt
>I think that's already fixed with current CVS.  Can you check this?

So the latest build still shows the same errors. I'm really confused.
I can't imagine where these colors are coming from, and why it only
affects certain button states.

As I've said, that relevant variables are being set correctly, based
on my examination with gdb. Just to summarize:

for resolution: page
state       should be               getting
-----       ---------               -------
plain       black on AntiqueWhite3  black on black
focus       AntiqueWhite3 on black  AntiqueWhite3 on AntiqueWhite4(?)
select      black on AntiqueWhite3  black on gray(?)
selectfocus AntiqueWhite3 on black  AntiqueWhite3 on AntiqueWhite4(?)

for resolution: !page
state       should be               getting
-----       ---------               -------
plain       AntiqueWhite3 on black  correct!
focus       black on AntiqueWhite3  black on AntiqueWhite4(?)
select      AntiqueWhite3 on black  AntiqueWhite3 on AntiqueWhite4(?)
selectfocus black on AntiqueWhite3  black on gray(?)

Could it have something to do with the hilight/shade calculations? I
got lost trying to follow the GCs and wasn't able to verify that the
hilight/shade values were sane.

Happily, placement is again working as I would have expected.
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Compulsory education is inconstitutional" - graffitti I saw in the subway
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 13:22:41 +0100

On Thu, Feb 03, 2000 at 06:45:34PM -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> Could it have something to do with the hilight/shade calculations?

I don't think so.  Can you try to narrow down your IconMan config
to a minimal set that has this problem?  BTW, I don't see the same
problem.  One thing I was wondering about was the background where
no buttons are present.  On my setup the background has the same
colour as the buttons, but not on your screenshot.

> I got lost trying to follow the GCs and wasn't able to verify that the

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 09:57:40 -0800

>colour as the buttons, but not on your screenshot.

Ah, yes, maybe it's got something to do with the fact that it's
swallowed in my buttonbar? I'll append the buttonbar config to the
iconman.txt file referenced above, and I'll also try to trim things
down to the point that I can reproduce the problem with fewest lines
of config...
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"How can someone with glasses that thick be so stupid?" - Bart
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 07:15:44 +0100

> down to the point that I can reproduce the problem with fewest lines

I have it swallowed in FvwmBUttons too, so that can't be the whole story.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

---

From: "shawn a." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 00:37:43 -0700

> I have it swallowed in FvwmBUttons too, so that can't be the whole story.

Hello,
I had some strangness with FvwmIconMan too, I just changed my xserver
and now it seems fixed. here are some pictures:

This is the funky one, I was using the XF68_FBDev Xserver with
XFree86-3.3.5.
http://home.earthlink.net/~space19/XF68_FBDev-pager.gif

This picture is from the Xpmac xserver also with XFree86-3.3.5.
http://home.earthlink.net/~space19/Xpmac-pager.gif
  
Both of these are from the same config file:

DestroyModuleConfig FvwmIconMan*
Style FvwmIconMan   NoTitle
*FvwmIconMan*background             DarkSlateGrey
*FvwmIconMan*foreground             grey75
*FvwmIconMan*ButtonGeometry         160x16
*FvwmIconMan*ManagerGeometry        0x3+0+720
*FvwmIconMan*drawicons              true
*FvwmIconMan*Resolution             global
*FvwmIconMan*font                   7x13
*FvwmIconMan*usewinlist             true
*FvwmIconMan*shape                  true
*FvwmIconMan*followfocus            true
*FvwmIconMan*sort                   name
*FvwmIconMan*plainbutton            raisededge grey grey40
*FvwmIconMan*selectbutton           raisededge grey grey40
*FvwmIconMan*focusbutton            raisededge grey90 DarkSlateGrey
*FvwmIconMan*focusandselectButton   raisededge grey grey
*FvwmIconMan*titleButton            raisededge grey grey
*FvwmIconMan*NoIconAction           "SendToModule FvwmAnimate animate"
Module FvwmIconMan

HTH, If you need any more info just let me know.
sa