Subject: FvwmIconMan colors

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 18:50:31 -0800

So this color bug in FvwmIconMan's been annoying me, so I decided to
hunt it down. I've isolated the date range to a commit between -D
1999-10-27 and 1999-11-05. There are only three commits that are
relevant in that period, according to the Changelog. And looking at
what changed in each, I'd guess that the problem was introduced with
Tim's new "reverse" option. 

Interestingly, it requires 24 or 32 bpp (or maybe 15 and 16, too, but
definitely not 8) to happen. I couldn't produce the problem in early
versions with 8 bpp. 

Note that if you want to checkout the sources and poke around
yourself, in the same approximate period, my FvwmIconMan started
coring on signal 6, apparently because of a BadDrawable genearted by
CreatePixmap(). Strangely, I don't use any Pixmaps in my FvwmIconMan
config... Anyway, the fix came along later when Brad committed a patch
to ignore those errors, so I had to merge that change to make things
happen.

The config I was using is included below. I'll probably spend some
more time trying to figure it out, but I'm feeling pretty confused at
this point.

Style "Fvwm*" CirculateSkip, WindowListSkip
*FvwmIconMan*nummanagers 1
*FvwmIconMan*background AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*foreground black
*FvwmIconMan*font -b&h-lucida-medium-r-*-*-11-80-100-100-p-63-iso8859-1
*FvwmIconMan*format %t
*FvwmIconMan*drawicons false
*FvwmIconMan*plainbutton flat black AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*focusbutton flat AntiqueWhite3 black
*FvwmIconMan*focusandselectbutton up AntiqueWhite3 black
*FvwmIconMan*selectbutton up black AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*shape true
*FvwmIconMan*usewinlist true
*FvwmIconMan*followfocus true
*FvwmIconMan*Action Mouse 1 A sendcommand "Iconify -1, Raise, Focus"
*FvwmIconMan*Action Mouse 2 A sendcommand Iconify
*FvwmIconMan*Action Mouse 3 A sendcommand "Module FvwmIdent FvwmIdent"
*FvwmIconMan*1*buttongeometry 86x16
*FvwmIconMan*1*managergeometry 1x5
*FvwmIconMan*1*resolution page
*FvwmIconMan*1*show *
*FvwmIconMan*1*shape false
*FvwmIconMan*transient*font -b&h-lucida-medium-r-normal-sans-14-*-100-100-*
*FvwmIconMan*transient*drawicons always
*FvwmIconMan*transient*background AntiqueWhite
*FvwmIconMan*transient*plainbutton flat black AntiqueWhite3
*FvwmIconMan*transient*selectbutton up black AntiqueWhite
*FvwmIconMan*transient*followfocus false
*FvwmIconMan*transient*sort none
*FvwmIconMan*transient*resolution global
*FvwmIconMan*transient*Action Key Tab N \
	bif Next 3, gotobutton 0, select, ret, gotobutton Next, select
*FvwmIconMan*transient*Action Key Tab S \
	bif Prev 3, gotobutton -1, select, ret, gotobutton Prev, select
*FvwmIconMan*transient*Action Key Alt_L N \
    sendcommand "Iconify -1, Raise, Focus", quit
*FvwmIconMan*transient*Action Key Alt_R N \
    sendcommand "Iconify -1, Raise, Focus", quit
*FvwmIconMan*transient*Action Key Escape N quit

*SecondIconMan*nummanagers 1
*SecondIconMan*background black
*SecondIconMan*foreground AntiqueWhite3
*SecondIconMan*font -b&h-lucida-medium-r-*-*-11-80-100-100-p-63-iso8859-1
*SecondIconMan*format %t
*SecondIconMan*drawicons false
*SecondIconMan*plainbutton flat AntiqueWhite3 black
*SecondIconMan*focusbutton flat black AntiqueWhite3
*SecondIconMan*focusandselectbutton up black AntiqueWhite3
*SecondIconMan*selectbutton up AntiqueWhite3 black
*SecondIconMan*shape true
*SecondIconMan*usewinlist true
*SecondIconMan*followfocus true
*SecondIconMan*Action Mouse 1 A sendcommand "Iconify -1, Raise, Focus"
*SecondIconMan*Action Mouse 2 A sendcommand Iconify
*SecondIconMan*Action Mouse 3 A sendcommand "Module FvwmIdent FvwmIdent"
*SecondIconMan*1*buttongeometry 86x16
*SecondIconMan*1*managergeometry 1x9
*SecondIconMan*1*resolution !page
*SecondIconMan*1*show *
*SecondIconMan*1*shape false

Module FvwmIconMan
Module FvwmIconMan SecondIconMan
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"Closed Mondays." The Walker Art Center
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]