Subject: bug list #1 - general bugs

From: Mikhael Goikhman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 13:11:36 +0200

I have tried to organize the bugs in my list. I should say that I can't
reproduce several bugs (I will try later, probably not all were fixed).

Here are bugs, which I can easily reproduce. Please comment on them,
whether a quick fix is possible, should I supply more info or enter some
of them into JitterBug.

1) PlaceAgain is really broken (giant coordinates).

2) Canceling of icon move shows canseling, but does not really cancel.

3) "All (CurrentDesk Iconic) RecaptureWindow" while an icon is focused
   takes several seconds.

4) 'Menu mymenu This +NUM +NUM' in submenus crashes fvwm.

5) Position hints 'Menu' and 'Item' in submenus seem incorrect.
	[Dominik, can you test this, it is inconsistent for me]

6) Title not in the menu top does not respect top VerticalTitleSpacing.

7) Create 2 xterms, execute "Pick All ($r) Iconify" in the root menu.
   One of icons (of the last focused xterm) has expanded title.
   If you bind this menu to decorations - no bug, but if it's in sub-Menu
   of the bound menu the bug is shown again. Works without Pick if bound.

8) FvwmWharf and FvwmIdent do not set resource class and name.
	[I will do this]

9) Redudant space in WindowList's geometry. Is there a reason for this?
	[I can fix this]

10) --disable-session in configure and list SESSION support in --version.
	[probably me if there are no other volunters to do this]

11) $n, $c, $r in functions are expanded without escaping for names with
    a single quote inside, i.e. you get 'it's', which is incorrect.
	[probably me]

Regards,
Mikhael.
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 03:07:52 +0100

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 01:11:36PM +0200, Mikhael Goikhman wrote:
> whether a quick fix is possible,

> should I supply more info

Yes!  Such short bug reports cost me ten times more effort until
I know what's going on.

> or enter some of them into JitterBug.

Yes.  All that are (supposedly) bugs and not already fixed.

> 1) PlaceAgain is really broken (giant coordinates).

I could as well say 'PlaceAgain works fine (right coordinates)'.
Without a detailed description of what you're doing I can't do
anything (what kind of windows, placement settings, layout of
the page, ...).

> 2) Canceling of icon move shows canseling, but does not really cancel.

Fixed.

> 3) "All (CurrentDesk Iconic) RecaptureWindow" while an icon is focused

Grr, I already fixed this on 3rd of January.  Why has this come back
(and what was the fix?)

> 4) 'Menu mymenu This +NUM +NUM' in submenus crashes fvwm.

Hm, although I don't get the crash myself is see that 'mr'
might be referenced although it's NULL.  I don't see how this
could ever happen, but I've made a safety fix.  If this doesn't
help, please provide a stack trace and the setup you used.

> 	[Dominik, can you test this, it is inconsistent for me]

I've tested it and it looks perfectly consistent to me.  Unless
you tell me what you have in mind ...

> 6) Title not in the menu top does not respect top VerticalTitleSpacing.

They do.

>    of the bound menu the bug is shown again. Works without Pick if bound.

Doesn't happen for me.  I can only guess that somehow the
is_icon_entered flag is screwed up.  I've made a safety patch
in icons.c, but I don't know if it will help.  If it doesn't
I need better instructions.
 
> 9) Redudant space in WindowList's geometry. Is there a reason for this?

It's always been this way and people like it as far as I know.  I don't
really care.

> 10) --disable-session in configure and list SESSION support in --version.

Of course it doen't work: there is no --disable-session option :-)

>     a single quote inside, i.e. you get 'it's', which is incorrect.

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]