Subject: Button oddities

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:01:24 -0500

For the last  few  days my window  buttons  aren't displaying as  they
should.  (Current CVS.)

I usually have 2 pixmap buttons on either side of the window (1,3,2,4).

Lately I see 5 on one side and 2 on the  other.  Buttons 2 and 4 don't
get pixmaps, instead they show vectors.

I  have a number  of decors  defined with different  button layouts in
each.  I think that may be confusing the issue.

I can  create a simple example (I  think),  but if  you  know that the
button logic is messed up, I  won't bother.  Meanwhile, I thought this
might be interesting.  To start to debug this, I ran a function I have
the  removes all the   buttons.  Below is the    result.  It not  only
removed   the  buttons, but  it left  the   titlebar in a very strange
position:

-- 
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214             E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                       Phone: (732) 699-5570

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:10:03 -0500

Sorry, that image lost its borders,  I'll make it available some other way.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 10:24:30 -0500

> Sorry, that image lost its borders,  I'll make it available some other way.

OK, here it is:

http://members.home.net/despen/window.gif

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 17:21:55 +0100

> I can  create a simple example (I  think),  but if  you  know that the
                                                      ^^^
Do you mean me? _______________________________________|

No, I'm not aware of button problems, but I'm not surprised either.
Bring 'em on :-)

> removed   the  buttons, but  it left  the   titlebar in a very strange

Just send me the configs and I'll fix it.  No wonder after all
the stuff that was changed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 15:41:16 -0500

> Do you mean me? _______________________________________|

Well, anyone that knows whats wrong with the button logic, but I would
have guessed it was you.

> No, I'm not aware of button problems, but I'm not surprised either.

Good attitude! :)

> the stuff that was changed.

I think I've trimmed this down to a reasonable size.  Its at:

http://members.home.net/despen/.fvwm2rc

(I think you'll have all the mini-icons.)
For me, only the left side mini-icons show.
I then open FvwmConsole and issue "RemoveAllButtons" and I get
the titlebar from my earlier mail.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2000 12:16:25 +0100

> removed   the  buttons, but  it left  the   titlebar in a very strange

Fixed

Bye

Dominik ^_^