Subject: compilation warnings on Tru64, native compiler

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:42:59 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Jeremie Petit
Version: fvwm-snap-20000120
CVS_Date: 
OS: Tru64 4.0f (new name for Digital Unix 4.0f)
X_Server: Native server
Submission from: (NULL) (193.56.15.142)

Hello,

  I've just tried to compile the latest fvwm2 version on my Tru64 4.0f
system, with the native C compiler "cc", which reports some warnings
(some being probably rather important). I send you the warnings I had.
I've not yet tried to use it, but I can say that version 2.2.4 works just
fine in the same environment (I use it everyday).

  I had also a problem: file fvwm/fvwm.c has a #define statement which
is not at column 1, which Tru64's preprocessor do not accept. I add the
(very little!) patch at the end of the message.

  Note that I have configured in support for readline, strokes, xpm
and gtk.

  Thank you very much !

	Jeremie Petit.

  Here we go:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I/usr/local1/DEC/include     -g -c
Graphic
s.c
cc: Warning: Graphics.c, line 409: In this statement, the referenced type
of the
 pointer value "&npixels" is "unsigned int", which is not compatible with
"int".
 (ptrmismatch)
  if (GetIntegerArguments(gradient, &gradient, &npixels, 1) != 1 ||
-----------------------------------------------^

ar cru libfvwm.a wild.o Parse.o Picture.o Bindings.o envvar.o XResource.o
ColorU
tils.o Module.o Graphics.o fvwmsignal.o System.o Strings.o wild.o debug.o
GetFon
t.o safemalloc.o Grab.o ClientMsg.o Colorset.o XError.o Pointer.o
WinMagic.o Tar
get.o
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of matchWildcards defined in
archive
ranlib libfvwm.a
ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of matchWildcards defined in
archive

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-snap
-20000120/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packag
es/fvwm-snap-20000120/etc/fvwm\" -g -c menus.c
cc: Warning: menus.c, line 3790: In this statement, & before array
"item_order"
is ignored. (addrarray)
  memset(&item_order, 0, sizeof(item_order));
---------^

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-snap
-20000120/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packag
es/fvwm-snap-20000120/etc/fvwm\" -g -c events.c
cc: Warning: events.c, line 1944: In this statement, the referenced type of
the
pointer value "&constr_w" is "int", which is not compatible with "unsigned
int".
 (ptrmismatch)
    constrain_size(Tmp_win, &constr_w, &constr_h, 0, 0, False);
----------------------------^
cc: Warning: events.c, line 1944: In this statement, the referenced type of
the
pointer value "&constr_h" is "int", which is not compatible with "unsigned
int".
 (ptrmismatch)
    constrain_size(Tmp_win, &constr_w, &constr_h, 0, 0, False);
---------------------------------------^

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-snap
-20000120/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packag
es/fvwm-snap-20000120/etc/fvwm\" -g -c move_resize.c
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 1618: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->width" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsign
ed int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, xmotion, ymotion, False);
---------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 1618: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->height" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsig
ned int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, xmotion, ymotion, False);
-----------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2007: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->width" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsign
ed int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, xmotion, ymotion, True);
---------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2007: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->height" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsig
ned int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, xmotion, ymotion, True);
-----------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2125: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->width" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsign
ed int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, *xmotionp, *ymotionp, True);
---------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2125: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&drag->height" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsig
ned int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &drag->width, &drag->height, *xmotionp, *ymotionp, True);
-----------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2605: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&new_g.height" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsig
ned int". (ptrmismatch)
      MaximizeHeight(tmp_win, new_g.width, new_g.x, &new_g.height,
&new_g.y);
----------------------------------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2614: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&new_g.width" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsign
ed int". (ptrmismatch)
      MaximizeWidth(tmp_win, &new_g.width, &new_g.x, new_g.height,
new_g.y);
-----------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2630: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&new_g.width" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsign
ed int". (ptrmismatch)
    constrain_size(tmp_win, &new_g.width, &new_g.height, 0, 0, False);
----------------------------^
cc: Warning: move_resize.c, line 2630: In this statement, the referenced
type of
 the pointer value "&new_g.height" is "int", which is not compatible with
"unsig
ned int". (ptrmismatch)
    constrain_size(tmp_win, &new_g.width, &new_g.height, 0, 0, False);
------------------------------------------^

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-snap
-20000120/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packag
es/fvwm-snap-20000120/etc/fvwm\" -g -c borders.c
cc: Info: borders.c, line 1341: Spurious token(s) ignored on preprocessor
direct
ive line. (ignoreextra)
#undef SIGN(x)
-----------^

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-snap
-20000120/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packag
es/fvwm-snap-20000120/etc/fvwm\" -g -c add_window.c
cc: Warning: add_window.c, line 1315: In this statement, the referenced
type of
the pointer value "&tmp_win->frame_g.width" is "int", which is not
compatible wi
th "unsigned int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &tmp_win->frame_g.width, &tmp_win->frame_g.height, 0, 0,
False);
---------------^
cc: Warning: add_window.c, line 1315: In this statement, the referenced
type of
the pointer value "&tmp_win->frame_g.height" is "int", which is not
compatible w
ith "unsigned int". (ptrmismatch)
      tmp_win, &tmp_win->frame_g.width, &tmp_win->frame_g.height, 0, 0,
False);
----------------------------------------^
cc: Warning: add_window.c, line 1321: In this statement, the referenced
type of
the pointer value "&tmp_win->max_g.width" is "int", which is not compatible
with
 "unsigned int". (ptrmismatch)
   tmp_win, &tmp_win->max_g.width, &tmp_win->max_g.height, 0, 0, False);
-----------------^
cc: 
====> MESSAGE TRUNCATED AT 8192 <====

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:38:01 +0100

>   Note that I have configured in support for readline, strokes, xpm

Forget the warnings about int/uint mismatch.  I've fixed the other
things.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]