Subject: A "animated" menu core dump with fvwm-menu-directory

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 14:34:30 +0100

Hello,
I've got a core dump by using fvwm-menu-directory  with a animated menustyle
(depth of the menu when the core dump arise: 7). This is not systematic.
Also, it seems that menus memory is not well freed (not sure). But, you
may try the following experience:
Take a realatively big "menus" in a file so that each menu
is destroyed before its definition:
Read this file one time, then fvwm2 use more memory
Read this file a 2nd time, then fvwm2 use more memory
Read this file a 3th time, then fvwm2 use more memory
...
At each steps the same memory is added.

Olivier

[olivier@snoopy olivier]$ gdb fvwm2 core
GNU gdb 4.17
Core was generated by `fvwm2'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Erreur de segmentation..
find_solib: Can't read pathname for load map: Erreur d'entrée/sortie.
#0  0x804bd7b in pointer_in_passive_item_area (x_offset=150, mr=0x8237fc0)
    at menus.c:248
248       if (MST_USE_LEFT_SUBMENUS(mr))
(gdb) where
#0  0x804bd7b in pointer_in_passive_item_area (x_offset=150, mr=0x8237fc0)
    at menus.c:248
#1  0x804dcb0 in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbfffe3e0, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffe230, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1942
#2  0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbfffe3e0, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#3  0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbfffe65c, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffe4ac, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#4  0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbfffe65c, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#5  0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbfffe8d8, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffe728, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#6  0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbfffe8d8, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#7  0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbfffeb54, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffe9a4, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#8  0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbfffeb54, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#9  0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbfffedd0, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffec20, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#10 0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbfffedd0, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#11 0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbffff04c, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbfffee9c, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#12 0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbffff04c, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#13 0x804db4c in MenuInteraction (pmp=0xbffff1c0, pmret=0xbffff1b0,
    pdkp=0xbffff118, pdo_warp_to_title=0x8087f68) at menus.c:1895
#14 0x804c61f in do_menu (pmp=0xbffff1c0, pmret=0xbffff1b0) at menus.c:773
#15 0x805236a in menu_func (eventp=0x8089470, w=38, tmp_win=0x0, context=8,
    action=0x821f1b6 "MenuFvwmStartMenu mouse -100p -100m 5 -27",
    Module=0xbffff2c0, fStaysUp=0) at menus.c:4974
#16 0x80523b4 in popup_func (eventp=0x8089470, w=38, tmp_win=0x0, context=8,
    action=0x821f1b6 "MenuFvwmStartMenu mouse -100p -100m 5 -27",
    Module=0xbffff2c0) at menus.c:4984
#17 0x80705ac in ExecuteFunction (
    Action=0xbffff2f0 "Popup MenuFvwmStartMenu mouse -100p -100m 5 -27",
    tmp_win=0x0, eventp=0x8089470, context=8, Module=4,
    expand_cmd=EXPAND_COMMAND) at functions.c:815
#18 0x806ca69 in HandleModuleInput (w=0, channel=4, expect=0x0)
    at module_interface.c:606
#19 0x805b704 in My_XNextEvent (dpy=0x808a828, event=0x8089470)
    at events.c:2256
#20 0x8058e00 in HandleEvents () at events.c:243
#21 0x805c7c0 in main (argc=1, argv=0xbffffc14) at fvwm.c:706

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]