Subject: Modules don't parse fonts in a consistent way

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 15:29:06 GMT

Configuration Information [Automatically generated, do not change]:
uname output: SunOS tazmo 5.6 Generic_105181-15 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4
Compiler: gcc
Compilation CFLAGS: -g -O2
prefix: /home/tim
sysconfdir: /home/tim/etc
libexecdir: /home/tim/libexec

FVWM Version: 2.3.13
FVWM_CONFIGDIR: unset
FVWM_MODULEDIR: /home/tim/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13
FVWM_USERHOME: /home/tim/.X

Description:
	Some xlfd's have spaces in them and they are difficult to use with modules.
	Some modules accept quoted strings, others do not but allow spaces,
	FvwmIconMan gets it wrong.

Examples:
	DefaultFont "-*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
	*FvwmIconBoxFont -*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
	*FvwmPagerBalloonFont "-*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*"
	*FvwmIconMan*Font -*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
	*FvwmWinListFont -*-new century schoolbook-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
	
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:48:48 -0500

Tim, 
could you verify that all is well with fonts or let me know if I missed
one.

Brad
 
-- 
--- There are two kinds of knowledge, you either know the answer or
			you know where to find it
		      -Kane, Johnson, and anonymous
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Tim Phipps <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 17:12:36 +0000

> could you verify that all is well with fonts or let me know if I missed

All the modules that have fonts settings can now work with font names
that have spaces.  They all work without having quotes around (I have
not tries them with quotes). The exceptions are:

FvwmButtons needs quotes to pick a font for an individual button.
FvwmScript can't have a font with a space for an individual widget.

fvwm2 itself needs quotes for all the font commands

Nice work,
Tim.

PS FvwmIconMan seems to have a printf()

---

From: Brad Giaccio <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:53:26 -0500

> FvwmButtons needs quotes to pick a font for an individual button.

You can also escape the spaces here and in the modules.  I also tested
quotes and it works with all but FvwmScript.  I don't think we can make
this one work without escapes or quotes since we don't force commas
between commands.

> FvwmScript can't have a font with a space for an individual widget.

I tried looking here, but then I remembered why I purged lex and yacc
from my mind.

> PS FvwmIconMan seems to have a printf()
fixed. Thanks
 
Brad

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 10:52:31 +0100

> > FvwmButtons needs quotes to pick a font for an individual button.

I'll take care of FvwmButtons.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]