Subject: New 3d effects problem?

From: "Paul D. Smith" <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Jan 2000 14:03:51 -0500

I just updated to CVS this morning; the last time was in November
sometime I think (I've been busy :-/).

The latest changes to the 3D colors leave my unselected windows looking
odd.  Below I include two GIFs: the first is the way an unfocused window
border used to look, and the second is the way it looks now.

My default style is:

AddToDecor Standard
+       ButtonStyle 1   ActiveUp (Pixmap fvwm2/mini.destroy.xpm) \
                        ActiveDown (Pixmap fvwm95/mini-exp.xpm) \
                        Inactive (Pixmap fvwm2/mini.destroy-alt.xpm) \
                        - MWMDecorMenu
+       ButtonStyle 2   MiniIcon - MWMDecorMin
+       ButtonStyle 4   Pixmap fvwm2/mini.maximize-vert.xpm - MWMDecorMax

Style Standard  UseDecor Standard, \
                BorderWidth 5, Color LightSkyBlue2/RoyalBlue4, \
                HilightFore Black, HilightBack DeepSkyBlue, \
                Font -adobe-times-bold-r-*-*-14-*, \
                DecorateTransient, HintOverride, \
                Icon fvwm2/default.xpm, MiniIcon fvwm2/jball.xpm, \
                StickyIcon, IconBox 3 -20 -1 -1, \
                RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement, \
                ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage, \
                MWMDecor, MWMFunctions

Style "*"           UseStyle Standard

Thoughts?

---

From: Mathias Winkler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 09:52:02 +0100 (CET)

On 4 Jan 2000, Paul D. Smith wrote:

> odd.  [...]

Seems that the "3d look" with an added white line (?) hasn't survived,
however, I really liked it in some early January snapshots,
giving my unfocused deep blue colors a very cooly sort of "stone washed"
look. Can't we have that back as an option to be configured ?
(Hope I haven't missed an option supplied yet?).

Regards
Mathias
-- 
Mathias Winkler  //  Muenchen/Munich, Germany
mailto:[email-masked]  //  Homepage: http://www.arkanda.net
Maintainer of:       XTree Fan Page       at: http://xtfp.arkanda.net
und: Celibidache Schueler Im Internet  unter: http://www.arkanda.net/konzerte

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 15:19:15 +0100

> (Hope I haven't missed an option supplied yet?).

Well, you can have any hilight colour you like if you use a colour set
for the hilight colour (FvwmTheme). E.g.

HilightColorset 2
*FvwmThemeColorset 2 fg <fg coloou>, bg <bg colour>, hi <hi colour>, sh <shadow colour>

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]