Subject: default window decor

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 04:11:50 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Tommaso Toffoli
Version: 2.2.x
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux, RHL6.1
X_Server: XF86
Submission from: (NULL) (128.197.177.67)

This is not really a bug, but perhaps an inconsistency.

I like to keep the loading of clients, in .Xclients, and the loading of
the
manager, for example with .fvwm2rc, separate, so that I can reuse the same
clients specs for different window managers. However, if I specify
minimally
decorated windows in .fvwm2rc, the windows (loaded beforhands in startx)
appear fully decorated (with what I think is fvwm2's defaults), and I have
to
hit Start/ExitFvwm/Restart to make the decorations disappear as from my
configuration specifications; this is a bummer.

So I end up loading the clients at the END of .fvwm2rc. In this way the
windows appear from the beginning just as I wanted them, but of course the
separation between .Xclients and .fvwm2rc is no longer enforced.

Shouldn't the default behavior provide no decoration at all? Or could
one have an fvwm command line option that makes fvwm start, by default,
with no decorations, buttons, load bars, etc. at all?

Note I am using AnotherLevel, so the problem might conceivably be with the
latter, but I doubt it, as the unwanted decorations look just like fvwm's
defaults.

Thanks.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]