Subject: fvwm-2.3.13 and Tru64

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:48:31 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Jeremie Petit
Version: 2.3.13
CVS_Date: 
OS: Tru64 4.0f
X_Server: native
Submission from: (NULL) (193.56.15.142)

Related to BUG 551:
===================

Thank you for the quick answer and the fixes. I downloaded 2.3.13 this
morning.

In fact, the warning

ar: Warning: ignoring second definition of matchWildcards defined in
archive

when building libfvwm.a comes from the fact that wild.o is included twice
in the archive. Is that necessary? (macro libfvwm_a_OBJECTS in
Makefile.in)
Also, couldn't wild.c simply include fvwmlib.h instead of wild.h, which is
not really necessary?

The warning:
cc: Warning: stepgfx.c, line 86: In this statement, the expression
"rv=((rv>6553
5.0)||(rv<0.0))?rv-=sr:rv" modifies the variable "rv" more than once
without an
intervening sequence point.  This behavior is undefined. (undefvarmod)
   rv = ((rv > 65535.0) || (rv < 0.0)) ? rv -= sr : rv;
--------^

also repeated on the two following lines is rather annoying: undefined
behaviour is not really a "not real" warning, is it?

I do not really understand this line, but at least, it means:

if ((rv > 65535.0) || (rv < 0.0))
  rv = (rv -= sr);

Which means

if ((rv > 65535.0) || (rv < 0.0))
  rv-=sr;

If I'm right, then lines 86, 87 and 88 can safely become:

    if ((rv > 65535.0) || (rv < 0.0)) rv -= sr;
    if ((gv > 65535.0) || (gv < 0.0)) gv -= sg;
    if ((bv > 65535.0) || (bv < 0.0)) bv -= sb;

for background information, the Tru64 C compiler defines the symbol __DECC
Note that I'm not certain that the original lines mean what I suppose they
do...

About the warning:

cc: Warning: FvwmIdent.c, line 62: In this declaration, "dpy" is declared
with b
oth internal and external linkage.  The previous declaration is at line
number 4
50 in file ../../fvwm/fvwm.h. (mixlinkage)
static Display *dpy;       /* which display are we talking to */
---------------^

It seems that FvwmIdent's dpy is not the same as declared in fvwm.h, which
is defined in fvwm.c. I'd (humbly) suggest to rename FvwmIdent's dpy
variable.

About this one:

cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I.. -I../libs -I/usr/local1/DEC/include
-I/usr/
local1/DEC/include        
-DFVWM_MODULEDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-beta
/libexec/fvwm/2.3.13\"       
-DFVWM_CONFIGDIR=\"/usr/local1/DEC/packages/fvwm-b
eta/etc/fvwm\" -g -c borders.c
cc: Info: borders.c, line 1342: Spurious token(s) ignored on preprocessor
direct
ive line. (ignoreextra)
#undef SIGN(x)
-----------^

Is there a real need for the "(x)" ? If not, it could be removed.
on the other hand, you could add something like the following, to remove
the
warning:
#ifdef __DECC
#undef SIGN
#else
#undef SIGN(x)
#endif

  Thank you very much,

	Jeremie Petit.

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]