Subject: CVS olicha fvwm-web: * Addeed two screenshots in one

From: CVS <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 14:16:44 -0600 (CST)

CVSROOT:	/home/cvs/fvwm
Module name:	fvwm-web
Changes by:	olicha	00/01/19 14:16:44

Modified files:
	.              : ChangeLog 
Added files:
	screenshots    : Olivier_Chapuis-paneldown-800x600.gif 
	                 Olivier_Chapuis-panelup-800x600.gif 
	                 Olivier_Chapuis-panelup-thumbnail.gif 
	                 Olivier_Chapuis-paneldown-thumbnail.gif 

Log message:
* Addeed two screenshots in one

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 10:44:36 -0500

> * Addeed two screenshots in one

These screenshots are very pretty.

You have to update the index or no one else will see them.

I ran  "gifmerge" on the 2 800x600 images like this:

gifmerge -200 -l10 Ol*600.gif > Olivier_Chapuis-panelanim.gif

The same thing could  be done to the   thumbnail.  The "-l10" part  is
critical, (in my opinion), I don't like animations that run forever.

I put the image here:

 http://members.home.net/despen/Olivier_Chapuis-panelanim-800x600.gif

Let me know if you want me to do the thumbnail.

--
Dan Espen
444 Hoes Lane  Room RRC 1C-214           E-mail: [email-masked]
Piscataway, NJ 08854                     Phone: (732) 699-5570
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 18:58:32 +0100

> Let me know if you want me to do the thumbnail.

Oops yes I have forgotten to commit the index. I've committed my original idea.
Yours gif merge is really fine and we may change espesially if you think that
my double  thumbnail is not ok ... but the gif merge can cause a little problem
for the first animation with a machine with a slow internet link ? 
Thanks, Olivier
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 13:22:28 -0500

Olivier Chapuis <[email-masked]> writes:
> Oops yes I  have forgotten  to commit  the index. I've  committed my
> original idea.   Yours  gif merge is  really fine  and we may change
> espesially if you  think that my double thumbnail  is not ok ... but
> the  gif merge can  cause a little problem  for  the first animation
> with a machine with a slow internet link ?

I like the 2 thumbnails.

It takes the same amount of time to download the 2 images as the one
animated gif.

No need to change, I just thought I'd try it out.

The    animation  actually views better   in   Explorer than Netscape.
Netscape keeps erasing the background for me, destroying the effect.

What I'd really like to do is catch FvwmAnimate in action, and create
a page for that.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 21:42:36 +0100

> What I'd really like to do is catch FvwmAnimate in action, and create

I guess you should patch FvwmAnimate and call some screen grabbing
command with system() then.  You'll have to ungrab the server too.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dan Espen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:49:09 -0500

> command with system() then.  You'll have to ungrab the server too.

Good idea.

Another approach would be to create a Java applet with the same
algorithms used in FvwmAnimate.

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 00:15:12 +0100

> algorithms used in FvwmAnimate.

But that would be cheating! ;-)

Bye

Dominik ^_^

--
Dominik Vogt, [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]