Subject: xfig and FvwmPager

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 07:36:05 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Neil Zanella
Version: 2.3.12
CVS_Date: 
OS: Linux 2.2.13
X_Server: XFree86 3.3.2
Submission from: (NULL) (129.128.153.50)

Hello,

I still can't get xfig and its transients to appear within my page.
When I do manage to and xfig disappears, the viewport is gone from
the pager and scrolling does not work until I click on the pager once
again. Here are a few things I tried:

Style "xfig" MaxWindowSize 100 100
Style "xfig" StartsOnPage 3 0 0
Style "xfig" ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage
Style "xfig" StartsOnPage 0 0, StartsOnPageIncludesTransients
Style "xfig*" StartsOnDesk, StartsOnPage 1 0 0,
StartsOnPageIncludesTransients, MaxWindowSize 100 100,
ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage
Style "Xfig*" StartsOnDesk, StartsOnPage 1 0 0,
StartsOnPageIncludesTransients, MaxWindowSize 100 100,
ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage

Best Regards,

Neil

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 08:34:58 +0100

> Style "xfig" StartsOnPage 0 0, StartsOnPageIncludesTransients
         ^^^^

This doesn't match any but the main xfig window. Either use
'xfig*' to match names or the 'Fig' class.  You can display
the class and resource of a window with FvwmIdent.

> Style "xfig*" StartsOnDesk, StartsOnPage 1 0 0, StartsOnPageIncludesTransients, MaxWindowSize 100 100, ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

This is a syntax error.  StarsOnDesk needs the desk as an argument.
Furthermore it's pointless to use StartsOnDesk and the override it
with StartsonPage (with 3 args).  The whole line is ignored because
of the syntax error.

> Style "Xfig*" StartsOnDesk, StartsOnPage 1 0 0, StartsOnPageIncludesTransients, MaxWindowSize 100 100, ActivePlacementHonorsStartsOnPage
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^

dito.

This should do it:

  Style Fig MaxWindowSize 100 100, StartsOnPage 1 0 0, StartsOnPageIncludesTransients

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]