Subject: FvwmPager & StaysOnTop

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 17:48:03 -0600 (CST)

Full_Name: Nadim Saeed
Version: fvwm-snap-19991216
CVS_Date: 
OS: SunOS chico 5.7 Generic_106541-07 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60
X_Server: 
Submission from: (NULL) (132.233.247.6)

I have the following lines in my .fvwm2rc file,

  Style "FvwmPager"       StaysOnTop
  Style "FvwmBanner"      StaysOnTop

When I first start fvwm2 everything works great - a few hours later, the
pager no longer "staysontop".  I tried this a number of times and its
happening to me consistently (can't narrow down exactly how to reproduce
it
though).  I start an xterm, move it so that it blocks the pager partially
(about 50% of it) and notice that the pager, early-on when I first login,
always stays-on-top.  A few hours later, I go back to that xterm and now
the pager is below it -- I move the xterm about and nothing works, the
pager never reverts to being on top.  I start a new xterm, same problem --
the pager stays on bottom.  I tried the Banner and it seems to still 
function properly (ie. its always "stays-on-top") so it a problem within
the FvwmPager itself I'd guess.

Looked through the changelog and noticed the following,

  1999-12-16  Dominik Vogt  <[email-masked]>

          * fvwm/events.c (HandleButtonPress):
          release grab explicitly after a button grab; fixes transient
          pager and possibly some other grabbing problems

Related ??

# FvwmPager
#
*FvwmPagerBack                  PeachPuff3
*FvwmPagerFore                  Black
*FvwmPagerHilight               White
*FvwmPagerGeometry              x140-1-1
*FvwmPagerLabel                 0       Desk-0
*FvwmPagerLabel                 1       Desk-1
*FvwmPagerBalloons              Icon
*FvwmPagerBalloonYOffset        -2

# Setting the font to 0x0 or nil2 results in no text
*FvwmPagerSmallFont 5x8

THANKS

 - Nadim

--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]