Subject: bugs

From: Michael Han <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2000 19:24:28 -0800

Hi, I hate to do this, since I see that there've been lots of bug
reports lately, but I just updated to the latest CVS and rebuilt and
notice the following behaviors are still lingering around (they've all
been present for at least a few weeks -- I've been waiting to find
some time to resynch CVS and verify their presence). Without further
ado, onto the bugs:

1) SmartPlacementIsReallySmart isn't as smart as it used to be.
Sticky's used to be considered off-limits for placement when I had

Style * RandomPlacement, SmartPlacement, NoPPosition

but now regular windows that do nothing special WRT geometry/placement
are getting placed under Sticky's, if that's where they'll fit best.
The old behavior makes much more sense to me. Is the new behavior by
design? If so, am I rehashing a point I didn't see talked about? Sorry
if that's the case.

2) FvwmIconMan color options result in strange colors for me. Please
take a look at:

http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman1.gif
http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman2.gif

The first shows the state with an on-page window with focus; the
second is an off-page window with focus. My IconMan config consists in
two IconMen swallowed into FvwmButtons. The first's resolution is page
and the second's is !page. The colors are wrong. My IconMan config is
at:

http://www.best.com/~mikehan/iconman.txt

I tried to figure out why this one is wrong but couldn't. I attached
to FvwmIconMan with gdb to verify the values are being set correctly
and they are... Any ideas?
-- 
[email-masked]                         http://www.best.com/~mikehan/
coffee achiever                              San Francisco, California
"I'm not paid to care." -ASR
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 12:52:05 +0100

> design? If so, am I rehashing a point I didn't see talked about? Sorry

Nobody changed the design of the placement code.  I'll have a look at
the code.  In the mean time; can you draw a picture of what happens
now and what happened before?

> and they are... Any ideas?

Do you use the latest CVS code?  I made some fixes on friday.

Bye

Dominik ^_^

-- 
Dominik Vogt, Agilent Technologies, Dept. BVS
Herrenberger Str.130, 71034 Boeblingen, Germany
phone: 07031/464-4596, fax: 07031/464-3883, [email-masked]
--
Visit the official FVWM web page at <URL:http://www.fvwm.org/>.
To unsubscribe from the list, send "unsubscribe fvwm-workers" in the
body of a message to [email-masked].
To report problems, send mail to [email-masked]

---

From: Dominik Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 17:46:44 +0100

> design? If so, am I rehashing a point I didn't see talked about? Sorry

Fixed.

Bye

Dominik ^_^