Subject: Kernel patches

From: "Bly, MJ (Martin)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 18:33:49 +0000

Hi Connie and Troy,

After a lot of detective work we finally have a patched kernel that we
are rolling out at RAL that `fixes' the NFS client D-state hang) problem
various sites are seeing.  The fix is a backout of the infamous
'silly-delete' patch and so far, it appears to to be stable on our
frontend systems and data movers.

We are debating how we might make this available to other sites,
particularly since the D-state hang is fatal and is causing widespread
grief (including at Fermi?).

Regards, Martin.

Added by Connie Sieh

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=138182

Note that SDR stands for "Silly Delete Removal" .

It is expected that this issue will be fixed by the Update 5 kernel.

If you have GFS you will have to rebuild the latest GFS as GFS has
kernel modules.  Same goes for XFS.

-Connie Sieh